XXXVIII

DAE
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

After the talk with the princess, Dae had found herself walking aimlessly at the castle corridor, the words of the princess still echoes loudly in her mind. It doesn't sound so nice, but it was more humane than having to poison to someone. She just hoped that lady Dara wouldn't be punished so cruelly. Her train of thoughts were interrupted when she saw a familiar figure wondering barefoot in the castle hall.... The woman was wearing a light blue floral dress, that was muddied and torn at the edge, her blonde hair was in a tangled mess, leaves as well as few branches were sticking out of hair... Upon closer looks Dae realized that the woman is covered in small cuts. And she was horrified to see the queen in such a situation... So she quickly approached her.

"Your... Grace? Are you alright?" She asked her.

"My son... My son is dead." The woman said with a dazed look on her face... The queen looks very different from the last time she had seen her.... Her cheeks were hollowed, large circles formed beneath her eyes, her lips were chapped, she looks even more paler... And there were a visible bruise on her cheeks.

"You grace? Do you need help?" She asked again, trying to see if the woman would respond.

"I need my son... My only son... My beloved son." She murmured before walking past her... Dae didn't dare to follow her... She just watched the retreating figure of the woman.

"Pity isn't it?" She jumped frightened when she heard her father's voice.

"Father? I... You startled me." She exclaimed, her father looks down on her with a raised brow.

"Who did that?" He ask before grabbing her chin and turning her head to the side to get a better look at her face.

"Did he do this to you?" He added? Dae didn't reply and just waited for him to let her go.

"Did you do anything to displease him?" He pressed before letting go of her.

" No... I tripped." She lied to him. Her father studied her for a couple of minutes before speaking again.

"Do not do anything that will displeased his Majesty. If you don't want to end up like that pitiful woman." He nods towards the swaying figure of the queen. Dae could only nod her head in silence, watching the slowly retreating figure of the queen, she couldn't help but feel pity for her.

"The king told me he wanted to see you tonight. He requires your assistance for something." Dae felt her blood draining, it was like a cold bucket of water had been poured above her... Again? So soon! She thought, her heart was beating so fast in her chest, dread had clog her throat. She wanted... She wanted to get out of it.

"Make sure to clean your self, bathe thoroughly and put on some sweet perfume, and wear the dress I bought for you. It will please him." Dae swallow and mutely agreed, her father smile down on her before putting him hand on her shoulder.

"That's my good girl." He stated, before kissing her at the crown of her head and then walked away, following the direction of where the queen was going.

Dae stood their frozen... A thousand thoughts have been going through her mind, she doesn't want to see him... She wanted to refuse... But she knows if she does it.... Her father will kill her.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Dae jump startled when lady Helena placed a coin against her forehead.

"Well aren't you a scaredy little dove." Lady Eleanor teases her back... Lady Helena and lady Eleanor had found their way inside her room, and they hadn't left her since lunch. She had stayed inside of her room for the remaining of the day. And they didn't leave her till now. Not even when she's taking a bath, preparing to see his Majesty.