XXVIII

PRINCESS ROSHANNE
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Roshanne didn't miss the way sweat had gathered on Dae's forehead and how she quickly averted her gaze. Dae... Seems to hesitate when it comes to her father... How much hold does he have on her?

"I remember that the last time we had spoken, you told me that it was freedom you had truly yearned for... Why?"

" What do you mean why?" Roshanne sighed.

" There must be something behind that desire of yours that drives you to want freedom." Dae licked her lower lip before speaking.

" Well... I was always been stuck in a tower." She replied but Roshanne find that answer so dull.

"Well, if that is the only driving force you have... Then wouldn't you call this freedom? You are free to move, wherever you wanted to go inside the castle. Isn't that freedom? You are allowed to eat, drink and dance as much as you want. Isn't that freedom?" Dae bit her lip and opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. Roshanne smirks...

"I know... Let me take a guess... You wanted freedom because you wanted to be out of your father's control... You wanted freedom because you wanted out of your siblings shadow. Isn't that right?" Dae stared at her wide eyed, and Roshanne knew she hit the spot.

"Tell me why freedom? Why not money Dae? Why not power?" Dae swallowed and she began to fiddle with her hand.

"Because... I wanted to see the sea, the beach... I wanted to see my mother." Dae looked into Roshanne's eyes.

"And yes... I wanted out of my father's shackle." Roshanne stood up and walked towards Dae, she sat down by her side and held her hand.

"I will give you that... Just like I had said before... But I need your help." Dae's brow furrowed.

"You don't have to tell me twice princess... I said I would help you." Roshanne chuckle and touched Dae's cheeks.

"I know... But would you still help me if I wanted your father's head?" Roshanne watches as the color in Dae's face left. The look of shock was well written in her face.

"W-what? B-but this wasn't what we talked about, you said that I only-" Roshanne didn't let her finished, she squeeze her hand hard making Dae wince... She didn't like that reaction one bit.

"Are you backing out?" She asked, her voice turning into a lower note, her looks getting darker and dangerous. Dae saw it, and for a moment, she felt fear.

"I... I... N-no princess b-but." She stuttered.

"But what? Do you really think that freedom is possible as long as he is alive?" Dae shakes her head, she tried to pull her hand back but the princess won't let go.

"No! But still he is my father... I love him?" The princess hand slacken her hold on her hand, Dae used that chance to pull her hand away, she rubs her palm, wincing at the pain... Then she heard the princess scoff.

"Love? You think he loves you?" She sounded ridiculed at the thought of it. Dae... Thought her father loves her... What a fucked up excuse.

"Y-yes.... Father loves me... He told me so." Dae stated with conviction and this made her feel furious... How could this girl be so blind? Be so stupid... In her anger she quickly grabs Dae's hair and pulled her head back making her yelp.

"Love you? And you believe him?", She asked, before clenching her jaw... Dae's eyes began to water and once again Roshanne thought of seeing a beautiful set of emeralds... And Dae had never looked so beautiful than she looked now... Face red and in pain, eyes watering with despair. Roshanne had never felt that concupiscent.