XXV

PRINCESS ROSHANNE
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

An hour later Roshanne found herself standing inside her father's office, Lady Giovanette was there, standing by her father's side... For woman who's in her early 50's, lady Giovanette rarely ages a day... She wondered what kind of sorcery she's doing? She's doing everything to remain in the king's favor for as long as she could.

"I didn't know you're engaged." Her father spoke, grimly. Roshanne never misses how lady Giovanette smirks.

"I was about to tell you about it in private... But someone decided to beat me to it." She spoke without looking at Lady Giovanette.

"Why Alastair? Give me one good reason why I should approved of this marriage."Her father asked her... Yeah? Why Alastair? Well Alastair was heavily favored by the knights and a lot of noble people despite being just a knight, she could use his influence to strengthen her own as well. Alastair has several good lords as an Ally, and they all sees him as more suitable Heir than any of their brothers if the king still refuses to name Roshanne as heir... So marrying him could get them on her side.

"Our relationship with the city of Cadalin is failing Father." She spoke to him with a hush voice, her father raised his brow. Of course she wouldn't tell him the whole reason.

"The Cadalin is a city, a rich city we have father, before you married the Viscount's daughter they are an independent city, they are lush with sea products and the trading system with them is booming. They are small... But a powerful city." She lick her lower lip.

"Your point?" He asked him.

"With the war on going, our coffer is slowly dwindling, as you know, war is expensive... The city of Cadalin isn't paying taxes for the past few decades because of the incident regarding prince Alastair's mother. We need their support father if you wishes to continue this war... We need their money." She told him.

" Viscount Nilus Castilon is rich, richer than any of dukes we have, be gained his riches through his voyages and trading... And he heavily favors Alastair... Think of it Father... Wouldn't it please him? To know his beloved grandson is to be married to the saintee of the kingdom?" She smiles when he sees the way her father eyes turned to the left... He's thinking. The thought of money is hard to pass.

"He'll give ten thousand ships and a lot of money as a dowry father." She added, and that sealed the deal for them.

" Very well... You have my blessing." This displeased the Concubine.

" But my dear? Don't you think this decision is a bit to haste? Why not offer her hand in marriage to the Prince of Telos, to gain their support? So we wouldn't have to go to war with them? No one could turn down the Sainte as an offer." She tried to persuade him... Roshanne's fist clenched... She trying to get rid of her. So she could place her second son Andrew higher in the line of succession, Andrew has the golden eyes, but his hair is blond and his blood runs red. But some people supports him.

" If the prince of Telos could give us ten thousand ships as a dowry, why not... But if they can't, I suggest you shut your mouth." The king spoke, venom laces his words making his bitch shut his mouth. Roshanne hide her smirk.

" I also have a favor to ask you daughter." Roshanne wore a sweet smile to please her father more.

" Anything for you, your grace." The king slowly rose from his seat.

"Look after my Dae.... I have heard that she favors you lot more than anyone. Help her adjust well in the kingdom, show her around if you can... I cannot spend more time with her as I am busy. Can you do that for me?" Roshanne almost snarls when he calls her name... What makes him think he owns?