IX

Princess Roshanne
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It had been two days since the accident between the bishop and lady Dae had happened, and the rumors of the lady Being brazen had circulated quick like a wild fire in mid summer, the Noble families were quick to throw insults, and the royal family had taken the burn of it. They were ridiculed for allowing an uneducated, brazen woman into their family.

She couldn't take quite a scandal, so she make quick work to put out the fire, of course by creating another scandal good enough to dissuade everyone's attention from the royal family... A young lord caught in the halls having an affair with another young lady whose already engaged, such revelation was scandalous, and although she did not enjoy gossiping, she must participate in circulating it in order for the issues with the lady Dae to be buried and at least forgotten.

She ought to scold the princess for such behavior, she shouldn't have done that even if the Bishop had insulted her... Well at least not Infront of many people. She didn't want to scold her like that in front of many people, but she isn't up for tolerating such behavior nor for letting it go, not when she is soon to be a part of the royal family and not when Roshanne is the head of the temple. But Bishop Admon didn't get away with it either, he had received a thorough lecture from her and had told him that it was never okay to insult a princess from another kingdom... A kingdom that is soon to became theirs.

She sighed and removed her reading glass before leaning back, the lady had not left her room for two days, she wanted to go to see her but decided against it, who is she to even get the attention of the princess? She wouldn't give her the pleasure of her visit. Though it ire her, as the lady should be attending to her, she has lot to learn. And delaying her studies won't sit well with her.

A knock on her door had distracted her from her musing.

"Come in." She called and the door opened revealing Neviska, a young servant she had assigned to tend and help the lady Dae. She called her to ask questions regarding the princess behavior, and her continues sulking in her room. Well if she is indeed sulking she had no rights to! It was her fault, Roshanne was simply disciplining her.

"You called for me your highness, how can I serve you?" Neviska asked her.

"Lady Dae, how is she? Is she still sulking?" She asked her, lady Neviska turns to look at her... Roshanne could see that she wanted to say something but could not decided whether she should tell her or not.

" Actually your highness, the princess had Fallen ill." She finally told her which had surprised Roshanne, sick? The lady was sick?

" If she is sick, then why didn't you tell me? Have you already called for a physician?" She stood up ready to call for Odette to order her to call for their royal physician but Neviska had spoken again stopping her from her track.

" I... I wasn't allowed to enter her room your grace, I was ordered by her brother, lord Frederick not to enter her room, he told me that he doesn't want me to get the flu as well, though I have already reasoned with him that as her servant, it is my duty to take care of her." Neviska had finished, Roshanne found it weird for a brother to take care of her sister and quiet.... improper, though she wouldn't want to judge. But that man, lord Frederick doesn't seem to be a man who cares for his sister. Roshanne had looked again at Neviska to ask more and then she noticed her looking like she's in pain.

" Oh for the love of Sol spit it out." She demanded making the woman jump. Neviska had nod he head and swallowed.

" Well... Earlier today lord Frederick left to go sight seeing with your brother the twelfth prince, prince Daylan. And I took it upon myself to visit Lady Dae... When I entered the room it was dark, the shutters were drawn shut. I greeted the lady, but she did not reply so I decided to pull the curtain to let some light in." Neviska paused for a moment and shudders.