XVII

DAE
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

After the prayer in the temple Dae returned to her room to change, Neviska had helped her as usual but after that she dismissed her, not feeling good.

She had upset her.
She thought hating herself, and feeling hurt, the princess had glared at her, she knows she's annoyed but... She couldn't help herself.

Dae looked at her hand and flexed, the princess hair is smooth, she would like to touch it again, but she might not have another chance, the princess hated her so. What does she have to do so the princess would forgive her?

She turns to her side and looked at the opened window. The sky remained gloomy for some reason. But it hadn't rained yet.

"Dae?" She quickly sat up when she heard someone calling her, she looks at the door startled to see the queen peeking at her door.

"Your grace? What brought you here?" She asked her, quickly approaching her, she opened the door allowing her to enter. The queen looked around the room with sa big smile on her face.

"I recognize this room." She begin, Dae watch her closely as she touches the bed, running her hand along it's surface, as if she's already familiar with it.

"This used to be room of the former crown princess Regina. His Majesty's older sister." She supplied before turning to her.

"I have a lot of good memories in here." She added, Dae had no idea who she's talking about, she isn't aware nor educated about the family tree of the royal family, so she doesn't know who she's talk
About, nor was she aware that the king has an older sister.

" She was kind." The queen then sat on the bed, Dae approached her sitting by her side, her was disheveled again, her clothes crumpled and dirty, her face as usual is filled with dirt and some grime. She sighed and stood up, went to the bathroom to fetch a wet towel then returned.

"How kind was she?" She began asking as she gently wipes the dirt off of her face.

"Oh, she's really kind, she's my best friend, we grew up side by side along with her little brother, Kalisto. People love Princess Regina very much. She's also talented and smart." After she was done wiping her face she went and clean her arms.

"When I give birth my daughter, they had shared the same face." The queen laugh making Dae smile, because her laugh is simply contagious.

"Imagine the horror in my husband's face. He told me it was like she's been reincarnated." She added. After Dae was done wiping the dirt from the queen's arm she settled back and listen to her story.

" Anyway my boy came back from his training." It saddened her of how the Queen still thinks that her son is alive. But at least she's happy.

" Hmmm... What was his story this time?" She asked, indulging with watch the queen was telling her.

"Oh, nothing much, he told me that his instructor told him he's getting good, sooner or later he'll be able to join in tourneys." The queen then snickers confusing Dae for a moment but she didn't say Anything, just listens.

" Little did his instructor knows that my boy doesn't actually enjoyed tourneys, no, he prefers reading in Library or playing his harp, he doesn't even participate in boys rough playing... His sister on the other hand is the very opposite of him. Oh the young lady will be a pain in my back I tell you that. She enjoys tourneys, and plays rough around with the other kids. Very much like her aunt." She chuckles at the memory, Dae could see the fondness in the queen's eyes before it turned sorrowful. She turns to look at her again.