IV

PRINCESS ROSHANNE
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Early the next morning  princess Roshanne finds herself in her father's war room along with his councils and several noble ladies and lords, the king summons them to plan yet another attack. Ever since Roshanne could remember it her father had been obsessed into conquering the nine kingdoms and uniting it, despite having possessed the largest land in the realm her father seems to dissatisfied with just having to rule one kingdom. Roshanne stood by the window as she listens to the man bickering, arguing wheatear it be a wise idea to conquer the Adari kingdom or conquer the small kingdom of living island.

"The Rivervale have already stands their guard. They have already place border patrols in case we decide to attack them." Lord Boromir, his father war councilor have stated.

" What does it have to do with war plan?" Lord Carlstin, his father councilor or coins of asked.

" They offered alliance to the living island, the Crab king offered his daughter's hand in marriage to the son of King Hagor." Answered Lord Boromir before looking at his majesty.

" It would be a wise idea to just attack Adari your grace. After all the princes are already stationed there and have said to capture the Golden hills, one more push and we will be able to conquer their City." Lord Boromir suggested, Roshanne shakes her head, even if they push the first battalion it would not be enough.

" Even if we capture the city my king, we wouldn't be able to hold it for long. The war in the narrow Field have already cost a toll on us." It was lady Eufreme who spoke, as usual lady Lara stood by her side. Roshanne looked at the Marchioness, she was looking at the map at the table.

" What if we station another group of dragons riders?" Suggested by lord Glen, his father's Peace councilor.

" We cannot afford to place another set of dragon riders in Adari. We already lost ten to them" She suddenly spoke catching everyone's attention.

" I'm sure we could still place some of them." Lord Glen pushes iring her. She squinted her eyes at him.

" As the princess and Sainte, I was tasked by my father to look after the wellbeing of the dragons and their riders, and I'm not willing to sacrifice another dozen of them. Unless you are fine with sending your own sons." She told him, making him pale... Lord Glen's three sons are riders, but does not have any experience when it comes to war.

" They are our only advantages your highness, what do you suggest we do to win this war?" Lady Eufreme asked her. Roshanne walked closer to the table and stared at the map laid there. She looks at the kingdom of Adari and then to the kingdom of Lysos.

"Ask for support from Lysos, send half of their warrior and order our men back here in capital to regroup." This made everyone raise their brow.

"A fine idea." The king suddenly spoke looking at her daughter.

"But your grace... Do you think the lord Titus would be willing enough to risk his men?" Lord Boromir asked him. This time it was Roshanne who answered him.

"We have her daughter lord Boromir... Surely he wouldn't want any hard to come to his daughter." She stated before placing the coin of Lysos in the golden hills.

"Send them." She told them.

"It's too much... We cannot afford to support them... We are of short money to pay them. The war is quickly draining our coffer your grace." This annoyed Roshanne, this shouldn't be happening, if her father had just listen to her and assigned her as his councilor of coins this wouldn't happen.