Chapter 1

Pierre stared at the words on his phone screen. "We need to talk." He knew that this was going to happen eventually. His girlfriend wasn't stupid. Katerina had definitely seen the way Pierre looked at Yuki, and she had put up with it for a long time.

But she took it the wrong way. Pierre thought. I don't like him like that. I just think he's a great guy.  In a friendly way. There wasn't anything between them. Or at least that's what Pierre had been telling himself. But maybe it's not even about that. But he knew what she was going to tell him.

It was currently Saturday, and the 2022 Italian GP was tomorrow. Katerina had gone out with some of the other wags to explore the town they were staying in, and Pierre was dreading her return. He had been expecting this all weekend. She had seemed more distant from him than usual, and was almost acting a bit strange.

It was also odd that she had come with him, seeing that this wasn't a particularly important race. But the race weekend was the only time she would be able to see him in person, given that he wasn't usually home unless there was a break. So she came with him because she didn't want to break up with him over text or call. 

Or maybe he was just overthinking it.

He tried to distract himself with scrolling through instagram, but it didn't seem to be working. He kept on thinking about the worst that could possibly happen. She told everyone about me and Yuki. Now everyone is going to think I'm gay. Which I'm not. I mean not that there's anything wrong with that, It's just I don't like Yuki like that. I mean yeah he's good looking and everything, and funny, and cool, and a good driver-

*knock knock*

He was snapped out of his thoughts by a knock at the door. He got off of his bed and reluctantly walked to the door, expecting to see his soon to be ex-girlfriend.

When he opened the door though, he was surprised to see Yuki looking up at him.

"Pierre! I needed to tell you some-" Yuki had a slight smile on his face, but when he saw Pierres expression, it faded completely. "Are you ok? Can I come in?"

Pierre ignored his first question, but stepped aside to let Yuki into his hotel room. Yuki walked in past Pierre, then turned around to face him. "Are you ok?" Yuki asked again.

Pierre nodded slightly while closing the door."It's nothing really. I just think Katerina is going to break up with me."

Yuki frowned and walked over to give Pierre a hug. "C'mon, you could have just taken whatever it was she said the wrong way. Why don't we watch a movie or something to get your mind off of it?"

Pierre smiled and nodded. He appreciated how much Yuki cared about him, and how he always knew just what to do to make Pierre feel better.

They picked out a movie and both got comfortable on the hotel bed. They somehow managed to eventually shift closer and closer to each other, until Yuki was basically laying against Pierre's chest, and Pierre's arms were wrapped around Yuki's shoulders. But not in a gay way. Pierre was thinking the whole time.

They were like this for a while until the door flew open and Katerina walked in. She stood in the door way and looked between the two on the bed. She rolled her eyes and walked further into the room.

"I should probably go now." Yuki said getting off the bed and walking past Katerina towards the door.

"Bye Yuki," she politely said "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye guys. See you then." Yuki said closing the door on his way out.

Pierre hesitantly pulled his eyes away from Yuki as he left the room, and reached for the TV remote to pause the movie.