Chapter 3

Pierre did end up waking up before Yuki, but he wasn't able to follow through with his original plan. At some point during the night, Yuki had moved to be almost entirely laying on top of Pierre, with his arms curled tightly around Pierre's chest.

Shit. Pierre thought. There was no way for him to get out of this without waking up Yuki, so he just laid there staring down at the younger man. Pierre couldn't help but admire Yuki's face. His perfect lips, and cute nose. Pierre reached down to brush some hair out of Yuki's eyes, just to find out he hadn't been asleep at all.

Great. Pierre thought to himself. He pulled his hand back from Yuki's face and tried to look away. He felt extremely embarrassed, and he knew he was bright red.

Yuki on the other hand didn't look the slightest bit uncomfortable. He was smiling, and upon seeing Pierre's bright red cheeks, giggled a little bit. He hugged Pierre tighter for a second and then rolled off of him onto the other side of the bed.

After a few seconds of silence, Yuki spoke. "We should probably get up now, huh?"

"Uh, yeah." Pierre replied, sitting up. He threw the blankets off, and stood up to walk to his own room. When he got to the doorway, he stopped and turned around. He sort of wanted to talk about what had happened in the past twelve hours. He opened his mouth to speak, but immediately thought better of it, and walked out of the room.

What is going on? He thought.

~

It had been about two months since that night, but Pierre found himself thinking about it more than he'd like to admit. Maybe if he'd just- No, he didn't need to be thinking about that. Not right now, when the lights were about to go out for the Abu Dhabi GP. He needed to focus on finishing in a good place.

Which he didn't. Fourteenth wasn't a good finish. He was convinced that if he hadn't been distracted, the race would've gone better. I'll get over him soon enough. Pierre thought.

~

And that he did. Well, as much as he ever would, but he had met someone, and didn't find himself thinking of Yuki as much as he used to. And that was definitely better for his career.

He had met Kika through a mutual friend. He thought she was attractive, not as attractive as Yuki in his opinion, but she was still pretty, and she seemed to like him. So, they started going out together. Between not seeing Yuki everyday and having a new girlfriend, he seemed to have gotten over him.

He was currently looking out over the midnight water on a yacht off the coast of Ibiza. He was there with some of his friends off the grid and their girlfriends.

"Yo, Pierre! We've been looking for you man. You good?" He was startled by a voice behind him, and turned around.

It was João. João had been dating one of Kikas friends, but even after they broke up he still hung out with their group. They all liked him, and he and Magui were on fine terms.

"Uh, yeah. Just...thinking about stuff." Pierre replied. He had been thinking about how he regretted his choice of coming with his friends on the yacht. A few weeks earlier Yuki had asked him if he had wanted to do something together over the winter break, but Pierre had turned him down.

He was doing so well ignoring his feelings, and he just knew that one on one time with Yuki would absolutely ruin that.

Plus, even though they hadn't confirmed anything yet, not spending time with Kika over the winter break would most likely make people suspicious.

But he really missed Yuki.

"You sure bro? You've seemed kinda off all day." João said leaning against the ship railing next to Pierre.