Chapter 6

Pole position! Yuki had gotten pole position! And in Monaco too! He didn't think that there could be a better possible start to his Red Bull career than this.

Pierre had gotten the other front row spot too. We'll have to go celebrate later. Yuki thought.

Yuki got out of his car and received pats on the back and words of congratulations from his team.

"Hey great job mate." Said a familiar voice behind him.

Yuki turned and gave Pierre a quick hug. "You too."

Pierre patted Yuki's helmet then turned to go celebrate with his team.

Max and Yuki quickly had a team debrief and discussed strategy for the next day's race with their engineers before heading back to the team hotel.

Yuki wasn't too worn out by the time he got back to his room. He checked the time, and it wasn't too late yet, he still had time to go out. And he was sure Pierre would want to celebrate too, so he texted him.

Pierre

Want to go out for dinner or something?

Idk I'm super tired. Just not feeling it right now.
Sorry

No that's fine

What was that supposed to mean? He wasn't feeling it? He had literally just gotten his first podium in months. Yuki was confused and a bit hurt, but he brushed it aside.

Maybe he could text Lando instead.

Or just stay in. He wasn't really feeling it anymore either.

~

Pierre sat on his bed, flinching at every notification.

But not one of them was the one that he was waiting for. He was hoping for a call, but a short and simple "congrats" text would cut it too. But he received neither, so he took it into his own hands.

The phone rang for an uncomfortable amount of time before she finally picked up.

"Hi." Kika said in a dry tone.

"Hey! Did you see quail today?" Pierre tried to stay enthusiastic.

"Oh, I completely forgot. Sorry."

"Oh...um, well, I got front row! Second place! Yuki got pole position." Pierre hoped that she would at least try to sound more happy.

"Good job. Hey, I'm busy right now. I'll call you back later, 'kay?" He could almost hear her roll her eyes.

"Um, sure. Bye, love you."

Kika didn't bother to respond before hanging up.

That definitely didn't go the way Pierre was hoping. The way he was expecting, yes, but not the way he was hoping.

Things with Kika had suddenly started going downhill lately. She had told Pierre that she just thought they didn't spend enough time together, that he was traveling too much. But when Pierre tried to make an effort to come home as much as possible, she was already traveling herself. Or when he invited her to races, she was away, or she was busy that weekend, or she wasn't interested in going. It was a new excuse every weekend.

And now it seemed like she just didn't ever want to talk to him.

He laid down on his bed and tried not to think about it. He tried his best to not cry either. What had he done wrong?

His phone buzzed. A text from Yuki asking if he wanted to get dinner.

Usually he would immediately agree, but he just didn't feel like it. After his conversation with Kika he didn't really want to do anything. He decided to tell Yuki he was just tired or something.

He sent the text and laid back down. He really didn't know what was going on. Did he do something wrong? Say something wrong? Not say something?

Maybe I don't say I love you enough. He thought. But that can't be it. She's the one that never says it. Oh no, maybe I say it too much. Maybe I'm making her uncomfortable.

He couldn't help it anymore, and tears started seeping out of his eyes. This is so stupid. He thought. What is going on?

After a few minutes of silently crying into his pillow, he decided that it really was stupid. Why was he letting this ruin his good result? He needed to just go out and celebrate. That would take his mind off of it.

Yuki

Actually
If you're still up for it I'd love to go out for dinner

~

Yuki was overjoyed that Pierre had changed his mind. They had gotten dinner and were now sitting on a pier overlooking the Monaco harbor. They had just been sitting and talking for the past hour. They had found they had a lot to catch up on.

"So," An awkward silence was settling over them, and Yuki wanted to avoid that. "How's Kika doing?" He also just wanted to know if he still had a chance with Pierre.

"I don't even know anymore." Pierre replied. "She's been so distant recently. I mean, after today, she didn't even call to congratulate me or text or anything. She never wants to come to any of my races anymore either. She says she has other things to do. Like she was supposed to be there tomorrow, but she canceled three days ago for a photo shoot or something, and I understand that she has her own career, but it's pretty far into the season and she hasn't been to a single race yet."

"Oh," Yuki tried his very best to sound disappointed.

"Sorry." Pierre looked towards him. "Thanks for listening, Yuki. It's just like she doesn't want to go out with me anymore."

"Well, I don't think it's a problem with you, it's a problem with her. I mean, I'd go out with you." Oh shit! Why'd I say that?!

Yuki started internally panicking. Just play it off with a laugh. He attempted to do so, but it came out as more of a squeak.

Pierre laughs too, it seems genuine, but Yuki's sure he's wildly uncomfortable.

They're silent for a minute

"I meant-"

"I wouldn't-"

They started talking at the same time.

"..."

"I'd go out with you too." Pierre says almost too quietly for Yuki to hear.

They both look towards each other, and Pierre's eyes quickly glance towards Yuki's lips.

Pierre starts to lean in, but they're interrupted by his phone ringing. Pierre leans away and picks up.

"Kika, hi."

~~~~~

If you recognize part of this chapter, no you don't. I messed up the previous chapter 6 and remembered i wanted to make the plot go elsewhere so I just had to change some things! Also just so you guys know, I do have a Yukierre playlist on my Spotify account if you guys wanna check it out. Same name as the sign off one I use.(there's also a Brocedes playlist and a Loscar playlist and I'll prob make more.) also I've decided Ill rewrite the story later, for now I'm just gonna finish this one.
Hope you enjoy,
~lil boy Deviou$