Chapter 8

"Oh." Yuki was shocked to say the least. "Why?"

"He said you didn't deserve to be on the podium. I just...got upset I guess." He said quietly. "I'm sorry."

"Pierre, it's fine. It's not a big deal-" Yuki tried comforting his friend.

"No, it is a big deal. I always do this. I ruined your first podium, and I ruined my relationship with Kika, and then the other night, we were having a great time, but I had to be all sad on the way home, and I ruined that." Pierre stopped to wipe the tears from his face. "I'm so sorry." He sniffled.

Yuki pulled Pierre closer to him. "I promise you, it's fine. The car ride home the other night didn't ruin anything, I was just happy I had gotten to see you after so long. And Kika just wasn't your person, and there are so many other people in the world, you'll find the right one eventually. Maybe you even already have." He hugged Pierre as tight as he could. "And I enjoyed taking care of you tonight."

Eventually Pierre's sniffing and crying subsided and he drifted off to sleep. Yuki stealthily slipped out of his bed and headed towards the door.

"Good night Pierre." He whispered.

~

"Pierre and Kika broke up." Lando said. He had come over to Yuki's garage to bother him. "So I think you've got a chance now." He whispered, not wanting the wrong person to hear.

"Yeah, he seems like maybe he just needs some time to himself." Yuki responded.

"Ohhh, so you've been talking to him." Lando raised his eyebrow.

"Of course I have. He's like, my best friend." Yuki said shyly

"Who's your best friend?" A voice asked behind them. They turned around to face Pierre. Yuki's face turned red and he stayed silent.

"Yuki was just saying how you're his best friend." Lando answered. Yuki shot Lando a dirty look.

"Aww, Yukino. How sweet." Pierre grinned, ruffling Yuki's hair.

Yuki cleared his throat and changed the subject. "Did you need something?" He asked Pierre.

"Yeah, actually. I was wondering where Max is. I was looking for Charles and Carlos told me he's with Max." Pierre explained.

"I think they're over on Max's side of the garage somewhere."

"Thanks Yuki! I'll see you for dinner." Pierre said as he walked away

"Dinner?" Lando questioned with a smirk.

"Shut up."

"Oh he's so in love with you." Lando teased.

"C'mon! We go out for dinner all the time!" Yuki said.

"Further proving my point!" Lando argued. "And he definitely came over because of you. 'Where's Max?' Where do you think, genius! He just wanted an excuse to talk to you."

"Max is my teammate, I would know better than Pierre would!"

"Oh my god, you're literally so blind." Lando sighed.

"I'm also so generous not kicking you out of my garage." Yuki shot back.

"So you admit you're blind?" Lando grinned.

"I'm going to kick you out."

"I won't leave. You can't make me."

"I drive for Red Bull, I'll make sure you start 20th on Sunday."

They continued to bicker back and forth until Pierre walked by. Yuki looked over and Pierre went red and waved.

"I to-"