CAPITULUM 03

Eastwood General Hospital (EGH)
8:20 a.m.

---

That same morning, Minnesota Gervacio had to excuse herself for a while. Mabuti na lang at naroon ang kanyang kaibigan at kapwa nurse na si Feralda. Despite Fe being a little too reckless and a little too much of a hopeless romantic sometimes, she was a reliable friend willing to cover up for her in times of need. Alam ni Minnesota na halos kasisimula pa lang ng kanilang shift, but the text Nico sent her earlier this morning was enough to call it an emergency.

"I do hope he's okay," she murmured to herself and briskly searched for a number in her contact list.

Mula noong gumraduate siya ng kolehiyo, aaminin niyang hindi na siya madalas dumadalo sa mga family reunions o kinakamusta ang kanilang mga kamag-anak. Two reasons: one, she was too busy with her work and two, she was just too overwhelmed with their relatives' attitude.

Sometimes, they can be a bit too much.

'Sana lang hindi pa siya nagpapalit ng number.'

When Minnesota finally found his name and cellphone number from the disastrous list she failed to update, huminga siya nang malalim at tinawagan ang numero.

She can faintly remember telling Nico about him during one of their dinner dates, but Min didn't know he'd be able to recall and use that piece of information at a time like this.

["Hello, Min?"]

Sinubukang pakalmahin ni Minnesota ang kanyang sarili, her other hand unconsciously reaching for the necklace her mother gifted her long ago.

"Hi, Clyde! Look, I'm sorry for calling you all of a sudden... but can I ask you a favor?"

---