CAPITULUM 11

SHADOW's headquarters
6:50 p.m.

---

IT WAS well past her work hours.

Although she would normally help out and do an overtime for the agency's sake, pero sa pagkakataong ito hindi trabaho ang dahilan kung bakit nakadungaw si Olympia sa bintana ng kanilang opisina habang hinihintay sagutin ang tawag ng nasa kabilang linya.

What's taking him so long?

Alam naman niyang abala ito sa pag-aasikaso ng kanyang ahensya kaya't nagpasabi na siya sa text kanina, but it's not like him to not pick up his phone right away. Especially with how sensitive things are at the moment.

Olympia calmed her nerves.

A moment later, a familiar voice responded.

["Hello, Olympia?"]

Finally.

"Xavier, may ideya ka ba sa kasong hawak ngayon nina Brian at ng pamangkin mo? It's just... Brian is acting strange. Nagpaalam siya sa'kin kanina na mawawala siya ng ilang araw, at ang rason niya ay dahil sa isang kaso," Olympia started and recalled how the pink haired detective contacted her about an hour ago. Hindi pa rin nawawala ang masamang kutob ng nakatatanda sa mga sinabi nito. "Hindi lang yun, pero seryoso siya, Xavier... Seryoso siya! Para na siyang namamaalam na kanina! When I asked her about it, she just said it was a private and that it's dangerous...that she'll tell me all about it after they get back. I've tried talking to Yuan, but you know him. He'd rather sell an arm for the safety of his money and image rather than his own employees."

Yuan, or also known as "Mr. Y", is the CEO of SHADOW---technically, their boss, but Olympia had known him and Xavier before they even established both agencies in Eastwood. The trio had a long history in the field of crime.

Hindi na namalayan ni Olympia na nanginginig na pala ang kanyang mga kamay. She took a deep breath and steadied the hand holding her phone. After years' worth of experience, Olympia thought nothing can stir up a reaction like this again.

Not after the case of---

["Pia, calm down."]

She heard Xavier Alcantara, the CEO of DEATH, sigh in defeat. Not a good sign.

["Papunta sila ni Nico sa Insula Diabolis. Stupid, I know. I tried to talk sense into my reckless nephew, but he wouldn't listen! Sumasakit na ang ulo ko sa batang 'yon."]

"The Devil's Island?!" Olympia almost dropped the phone. She stood up, ready to bolt out of the office. "Xavier, bakit hindi mo sinabi agad?! Dapat natin silang pigilan!"

["Hindi magpapapigil sina Nico... and my wildest guess is that Nova already made the decision to go with him. It's too late. We just have to trust them on this."]

Hindi makapaniwala sa Olympia sa kanyang naririnig. Over the years, she witnessed both Xavier and Yuan sink into their daredevil habits, but passing the trait down to their successors is too much.

Nag-aalala si Olympia sa mga posibleng mangyari sa kanila sa Devil's Island. It was a memory the three of them wanted to burry in the graveyard...

And for a valid reason.

"How can you say that?"

["Pia..."]

"HOW CAN YOU JUST LET THEM GO TO THAT DAMNED PLACED WHEN WE BARELY MADE IT OUT ALIVE BACK THEN!"

---

04 | Bones Of Terrorजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें