04 ; I'm not leaving

It was at night when I jumped out of bed, screaming and drenched in sweat, and was immediately caught by two strong arms before I even had a chance to fall.

Panicked, I tried to free myself from his grip, trying so desperately to get away from him —

But he grabbed my wrists, pushed them down and put his hands on my cheeks.

"It's me." I vaguely recognized Lando's dark curls and his beautiful eyes, which looked at me with concern.

Without thinking, Lando pulled me into his arms, wrapping them tightly around my drowsy body.

"Shhhh." He wasn't wearing a top and the warmth of his upper body gave me a little sense of security. I clung to him powerlessly as I breathed in his scent so deeply that I felt dizzy for a moment.

Lando Norris held me in his arms.

My breathing was shallow, but it calmed down again as soon as he put his hand on the back of my head and buried his long fingers in my hair.

Tears burned their way down my cheeks and I sobbed, holding onto the Formula One driver so tightly it was almost pathetic.

All my senses were heightened because my body was so alarmed that I was afraid the men would be standing in a dark corner of the room waiting for Lando to leave.

I felt my body tremble as my mind became less foggy and was so immensely grateful that the Brit was holding me until I calmed down.

"You're safe..." he whispered, rocking me back and forth as I tried not to break down, not to show him how fucked up I was —

But in the end it didn't matter, because Lando would understand. I knew he would, because his soul and mine were the same.

After a few minutes, my body had calmed down again, but my thoughts were still racing at the same speed.

He slowly detached himself from me so that I wrapped my arms tighter around him out of reflex.

"Don't go!" escaped me far too frantically, far too panicked and it was pathetic because I didn't want to appear clingy. "Please." I added meekly, pressing my forehead against his glowing chest and breathing in his calming scent.

He smelled like peppermint and expensive men's perfume that you could get addicted to.

"Okay," Lando took a deep breath as he slowly eased us back into the pillows. His arms didn't leave my body, in fact, he just pulled me closer and rested his head on mine. "I'm not leaving."

I snuggled more into the Brit, placing my hands against his glowing chest and letting my head fall against it as well.

I felt safe, so infinitely safe that after a few minutes of Lando scratching my back, I fell asleep. Unknowingly, I plunged into a deep hole from which I would have to fight my way out again later.

Lando's hot breath tickled the back of my neck as I wearily opened my eyes again. His arms were wrapped around my waist and my back was pressed against his chest, which was still glowing so pleasantly that I leaned back comfortably.

I counted how many times his chest rose and fell, how many times his chest rose from my back only to touch it again.

Goose bumps spread over my body, causing me to flinch briefly.

I struggled to turn over in Lando's arms, trying not to wake him —

Only to meet two icy blue eyes.

The tips of our noses touched, but neither dared to move. Lando's hot breath on my lips made me wonder what his lips would feel like on mine.

Brown and green mingled in the Brit's eyes, something you'd never notice from a distance.

They were beautiful, reflecting his exhausted soul and showing his gentle character.

Out of reflex, I put my hand to his cheek, trying to take away his suffering by stroking my thumb over his soft cheek —

But I knew better and I was aware that it wasn't that easy.

Lando nuzzled into my touch as if we'd known each other forever, but we hadn't and that recognition made my heart tighten so much that I almost fell out of bed when I jumped up.

My father hadn't gotten the chance to meet Lando. If I had met him sooner...

My mind raced and I didn't realize my legs were exposed until I noticed Lando's burning, almost hurt look on my thigh.

I immediately tried to cover myself, but he wouldn't let me.

"Tell me about yourself." he asked, probably hoping to learn more about the huge scar on my skin. "You're the girl Toni told me about..." he stated breathlessly, suddenly standing in front of me and stroking the scar so gently that his touch felt like feathers.

"I don't want to talk about it." I barked, withdrawing from Lando's touch and pulling on my pants, which I had carelessly thrown next to the bed.

"And I don't know what Toni said... But it's not true. Leave me alone with it."

Tears were stinging my eyes and I didn't want Lando to see them. Upset, I tore open the door to the room and disappeared before the Brit could say anything.

His touch was still burned on my skin, replacing the constant feeling of the stinging knife.

"Good morning." Toni grinned as she happily hugged Emma and placed coffee in front of me. "Morning..." I mumbled sleepily, sipping the hot drink as I looked at the young mother in front of me.

She was grinning so much that I knew something couldn't be right.

"Toni..." My ringing cell phone snapped me out of my morning mood as the many Instagram messages caught my eye.

Somehow it was all a bit strange, because no one had followed me for weeks and therefore hadn't asked to follow me.

Tired, I opened the app and immediately noticed Toni's story, in which Lando and I were seen cuddling.

Annoyed, I dropped my head on the table and wanted to sink into the ground. Toni had seen it and now the rest of the world had seen it too.

"It was just too cute not to post." The young mother looked at me apologetically, but I couldn't be angry that her emotions were going crazy due to the birth and hadn't yet regulated themselves.

"It's no big deal." Tired, I wiped my eyes and put my phone down on the table. "But I won't accept the requests. My privacy is important to me," I tried to explain, but somehow I couldn't find the right words.

My sleep had been so restless that I felt like I'd been hit by a bus.

"You don't have to."