13 ; keep her

Max Fewtrell was stood in front of me. The man I had heard so much of and seen him more often than i would want to admit. He was a member of team Quadrant, from which I have heard more often than I had planned to.

"Hi," He offered me a smile while he moved away from the door, granting us access to his hotel room. "I am Max." Max offered me his hand, still smiling uncertainly. He had to be surprised that I wasn't a model or a celebrity like Lando's ex-girlfriends.

"I'm Sage, nice to meet you." Smiling, I took his hand and he shook it, still looking me up and down. It made me uncomfortable that I didn't know his intentions, that he gave nothing away with his features. The man still had a smile clung to his lips, but his brows were raised.

"Where have you been, man!" He exclaimed, pulling away from me and going to hug Lando. The brunette boy let Max hug him, let him pick him up, even. Max spun around with Lando in his arms and it made me laugh.

Their silly behaviour made me want to laugh until I couldn't breathe but soon, Max let Lando on his own feet again.

"I was at my aunts for vacation. Ya know, the one that gave birth a few months ago?"

"Of course! How is she? How are the kids?"

I was still stood in the middle of the room, awkwardly shifting from one foot to the other. When Lando noticed, he came up to me and laid his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into him and placing a soft kiss on my hair. I let out a giggle because of the sudden action.

Max looked at us with a smile on his lips.

He looked relieved, almost.

It made me wonder when Max had seen Lando this happy and gentle around someone for the last time.

"It's been so long since the last time I've seen you smile," Max stated, pointing his finger at his chest. "Keep her." Though Max whispered to Lando, I could hear anyways. Max didn't quite seem to make an effort in being quiet. "I will." Lando answered with a cheeky smile, and though both of them whispered to each other I heard it anyways.

Probably because I was so close to Lando.

They didn't mind, though. Lando let himself fall back on the bed, pulling me with him. I screamed out as my back hit Lando's chest so suddenly but it turned into a laugh fast.

Max sat down beside us, grinning down at me.

"How's studying goin?" The men's british accent was definitely something I needed to get used to. Jenna and Daniel were german, so I always spoke in a certain language to them —

Though I was british too, it felt weird to hear someone talk that actually came from the United Kingdom. I wasn't used to speaking two brit's at once but it was indeed something I could get used to.

I loved Britains and their language, as it was mine, too.

I still couldn't figure out why Jenna was german and my mother was british, but I didn't want to talk about that either. It was better the way it was, it was better for me to be clueless. 

"Goin' great, thanks for asking."

"So, did you tell her you need to head home soon?" Max clapped on his thighs, obviously expecting me to know about that —

But I didn't and the fact he wasn't going to tell me stung. It made my heart clench.

He had to leave?

I could feel Lando shaking his head in a serious manner and pulled away from him, sitting up on the soft bed. Lando's hand fell from my body immediately and my body ached for his warm hands on my body.

"I was going to." He explained, making me look at him with two fingers under my chin. "Yeah? When? When you're on the way to the airport?" I snapped, pulling away from his touch. I knew this wasn't forever, I knew that it was a great time, but it would be over too soon.

And I hated the thought of Lando leaving me.

Without saying goodbye.

Lando sighed.

"No."

My head snapped back to him and tears started to well up in my eyes, causing the brunette man to scrunch up his face. He wanted to bring his hand to my face to catch the tears, but I moved my face away. I didn't want him to wipe my tears, I didn't want him to touch me ever again, my body already aching for his.

How could I be so incredibly stupid?

"I didn't want to ruin your day. I wanted to cherish the moments with you." That sound incredibly selfish of him and I hated that I understood it.

"So, I was just a vacation distraction? Are you kidding me?" I cried, now gaining both of the men's attention. Max looked at me, though I didn't look at him. I was focussed on Lando, who was now scrunching up his nose. He had tears in his eyes, too.

"What? No! Why would I use you as a distraction? I didn't say you would loose me. Just because I'm travelling around the world, that doesn't mean you can't join in." Lando breathed, a tear rolling down his cheek that I wanted to kiss away.

He asked me to travel the world with him, but he knew I had to decline the offer.

"You are unbelievable." I shook my head, standing up from where I was sat and walking towards the door. "It was nice meeting you, Max, but I have to go now."

He nodded.

"It was nice meeting you, too."

Then, he turned to his best friend and muttered something that sounded like you fucked up and I'd go after her if I were you, but I had already left the room at that time.

Tears were clouding my vision and made it unnecessarily difficult for me to leave the building I was in. The walls kept creeping closer and I needed to get fresh air before I would collapse.

Lando had used me, he was going to leave me without saying goodbye.

No matter how much I thought about our situation, how much I tried finding clues in his behaviour —

I couldn't.

There was no sign of him wanting to leave me.

No damn sign.

And I was so naive, thinking he would be different.

"Noah!"

I couldn't bring myself to turn around.