12 ; pinky promise?

When I was finally sat in Lando's McLaren, he scrunched up his face in disgust. He looked at me like I threatened him with death and eyed me up and down.

"Have you smoked?" He finally asked, moving closer to sniff at my clothes. My stomach twisted and I felt like throwing up when I saw the disgusted look on his face. He did prove a point without actually saying anything.

"I did," I answered honestly, there was no point of lying anyway. He could smell and Lando would always find out the truth. At some point, he would have known. "Is that bad?"

I hated myself for falling back. I hated that I couldn't resist taking that damn cigarette, that I didn't have the strength to say no.

"It is very bad for your health, darling." Concern came into his face as he took my hand in his. "Are you smoking on daily basis?" Softly, the brunette man stroked over the back of my hand with his thumb. I had a lump in my throat and could feel tears burning in my eyes that hadn't even started to collect yet.

"No, not anymore. It wasn't on purpose, really. I'm sorry." I started sobbing as soon as the words left my mouth. I feared that he would now loose interest, that he would be angry at me like I was at myself.

"You don't have to apologise, Darling. I know things are though right now. There's no shame in falling back."

Jenna must have told him about the addiction. There was no other reason for him knowing. He didn't know that I used to smoke at some point. He couldn't know.

"I'm still sorry. I know you hate the smell of cigarettes. Please don't hate me now, I'll take a shower and use body spray to cover it up —"

Smiling, Lando interrupted me.

"It's fine, Noah. Don't worry about it, the smell will fade at some point."

I felt bad, so bad.

Nausea had me tight in its grip and I couldn't fight it.

He still looked at me the same way before he knew, nothing had changed.

But I wasn't able to tell anything. The smile was still creeping on his lips when he started driving away from the university. He kept his hand on mine. It was warm and it spend me some sort of comfort.

But the disgusted smile from the smell of the cigarette still clung to his features. He would need a while before he would get used to it and I wasn't planning on smoking again.

"I'm serious. Don't worry about it." Lando snapped, placing a hand on my restless knee. I hadn't noticed that my leg started bouncing up and down until Lando's hand prevented it from moving any further.

"I don't understand," I croaked, my voice still unsteady from the lump in my throat that refused to vanish. "You hate the smell of cigarettes. You keep scrunching up your face and I hate that."

He looked at me, perhaps didn't expect me to study his features so attentive.

"It really smells disgusting, but there is worse things like fish or baby poop." Lando let out a hearty laugh that coloured on my lips, too. I couldn't fight the smile that was making its way on my lips, but I didn't want to, either.

"Fish really is disgusting." I agreed, laying my hand on top of his that was still resting on my knee. I could feel the warmth of his hand through the fabric of my jogging bottoms and I loved the comfort it spent me at times I thought I would never experience comfort again.

"Just promise me you won't touch a cigarette again. I don't want you destroying your body." The young man sighed, still looking at the road. I couldn't get a clear sight of his features, but his side profile looked stunning.

He looked stunning.

I was jealous of the beauty he held inside him.

But could I make this promise? I hated breaking promises. I hated the disappointed looks on the faces of people I loved when they learned that I had fallen back.

"I promise I will not touch a cigarette again."

The brunette man looked away from the road to take a look at me and raised his pinky finger. I smiled at the gesture, smiled because he remembered the pinky promise and that it mattered more to me than normal promises.

"Pinky promise?" He raised his eyebrows, his gaze switching from the road to me and back. I put my pinky finger around his and he intervened our fingers together, stroking over the back of my hand yet again.

Another smile crept on my lips, though the other one hadn't even vanished yet.

We arrived at a hotel not too long after and Lando led me into the building, leading me to a specific room. He stopped in front of a black door with golden numbers and I couldn't think of something logical, something that would explain him bringing me here.

"I want you to meet someone." He explained himself, leaning on the wall beside the wall. "Someone really important to me that I care about very much, just like I care about you."

A warm feeling spread through my body and I could feel my heart skip a beat.

He cared about me.

"He flew here just to meet you." Lando laughed, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

I hated meeting new people, but with Lando at my side it felt like I could climb a mountain or fight a bear. Nothing seemed impossible because no matter what is was, Lando made it possible.

"Will you open the door already?"

A warm feeling spread through my chest as I thought about Lando wanting me to meet someone closest to him. He meant it. He wanted me to meet his best friend, he didn't want to let me down. This was so much intimate to me than Lando could ever imagine and I couldn't describe it.

With another last uncertain gaze, he knocked on the wooden door.