Ben Thornhill.

He wasn't supposed to stay for longer than a week. None of them ever did. It was almost impressive. Normally, people got sick of the constant moving, going back to a new apartment every other week, staying out until the morning and sleeping until the night. Ben didn't seem to mind. Infact, he loved it.

He would ask her, 'when is the next move?', 'where to next?','lets stay out longer'
That surprised her. That someone could adjust to her lifestyle, that someone wanted to live the same way she did.

They wouldn't call what they had, dating. Or any kind of a relationship for that matter. They hung out, lived together,  occasionally have sex, yet they weren't dating.

She asked him, 'why do you still travel with me?'

He responded, 'because I'm Ben Thornhill and your Maeve O'Conner. Why wouldn't we travel the world together?'

Maeve laughed at that, thinking that this boy was completely insane. Yet, she never brought it up again and they continued living together.

They never stayed in cities for long. They would do their jobs and then have their fun.  When that was done, they would move to the next city and do it all over again.
New Zealand was where they always stayed the longest, in Maeve's home. That was the one place Maeve didn't get bored off.

Ben was exceptionally talented in the world of fashion. He put alot of dedication into his craft, perfecting every design and creating higher expectations for his next project. When he travelled with Maeve, he would get inspiration from a citie's architecture, it's music or even just the people he met. Ben met a lot of people. His name was known by many.

When Maeve first witnessed the extent of his popularity, she was hesitant. She told herself that wasn't what she wanted. She didn't want to be the background character in someone else's life.
However that didn't happen.

Her face wasn't plastered on magazine covers, she wasn't just another 'somebody'.

When they went to Paris, Ben introduced her to some of his friends who were in the fashion industry. Ben told her these people dressed the most influential people, that their designs were true art.

They didn't brush past her. They talked to her. They asked her questions about her work and asked for her opinions.

Maeve, for the first time, didn't want to get up and leave for another city. So they didn't.

She ended up staying in Paris with Ben for nearly a month. During her stay, her work gained even more recognition and appreciation. She learned new techniques and taught her own to others.

Ben had told her one night, that people were falling in love with her work more than they ever had. Maeve didn't believe it until she was drowning in bookings for photoshoots and runways.

Maeve was once scared of fame. Ben taught her the advantages of it.

When he told her that high end brands wanted to discuss business with him and her in LA, Maeve knew she couldn't deny such an opportunity.

______

Don't forget to vote 💙
______