Through The Screen.

-  flash-back  -

Maeve stared at him through the television screen. She concentrated solely on him despite his three other bandmates beside him.
They were being interviewed on a popular TV show, currently they were talking about changing the type of music they made.

He sat the same way, with his legs spread out, his knee still bounced up and down, he still smiled the same and had the same laugh. He was the same.

Maeve smiled when he heard him laugh. He had the type of laugh that was contagious, you couldn't help but smile when you heard it.

"What are you watching?"
Ben came up from behind her. He had his laptop in hand, he was probably answering emails. He wasn't looking at the TV screen so Maeve considered lying.

"Just a band interview." Maeve shrugged. She hoped he didn't notice the way she almost had to force the words out.

"Ah." Ben acknowledged. He sat down on the armchair across from her and immediately began typing away on his laptop.

Maeve looked back at the TV once more before turning it off. She needed to get over him. This couldn't be healthy. Besides, it was her choice to leave.

Sighing, Maeve went to her own bedroom to finish the work she had to get done, ignoring the sting in her chest.

________

Don't forget to vote 💙
_______