Moment.

-  flash-back  -

Maeve smiled at the couple Infront of her. They looked beautiful as they stood together all happy and in love.

Maeve squinted her eyes as she took their picture.

The man said something Maeve couldn't hear from where she stood, but his wife heard it.
The lady laughed loudly, a genuine laugh that was full of joy and happiness.

The man beamed as he watched his wife laight at his comment. He looked proud to have been the one to make her laugh. He looked so adorably in love as he gazed at her.  

His arm was wrapped around her waist as she had her two arms around his neck.

Their faces were so close, as were their body.

It was their moment. The sun shined for them, the wind blew for them.

And Maeve was just watching it from afar, capturing it with her camera, but not really being apart of it.

Maeve's eyes locked on their happy smiles, she could feel their love radiating off of them both.

It made her feel weird, empty almost.

But she convinced herself that wasn't what she wanted.

Yet why did she feel so envious as she watched them? Why did she crave to be looked at like that?

A lump formed in her throat. Maeve ignored it and continued her work.

_______

Don't forget to vote 💙
_______