Art

>>Nico

I slammed the bathroom stall's door behind me as my heart pounded in my chest

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

I grabbed my head in a panic.

This is the worst!! This simply could not have been worse than this.

Why me?!?! Why did it have to be me!??!

There are so many people who want to find their fated pairs, so why me?? I never wanted to find my mate. Never!!! So why?? Why did this happen!??!

I began pulling my hair and slid down against the bathroom door in fear.

And did it have to be a guy!??! My breath trembled as I recalled his face, that man, who came as a model for our class and then I gulped.

WHY!?!?!?

I shook my head

Why...

I never wanted or expected to find myself in this situation, and now that I have, I can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of regret

Every fiber of my being rebelled against the idea of accepting him as my mate. I can't shake the thoughts of the consequences that await me – the disappointment, the disapproval, not only from my father but from the entire community.

GOD!!!

With every passing moment, the weight of my circumstances bore down on me, suffocating any flicker of joy that might have accompanied the discovery of a fated pair.

The moment my eyes landed on him, my wolf sparked up. She had never shown herself much but the moment I saw that man, I heard her howl in my mind.

Mate! Mate! Mate!!

But the realization that the other person was a guy sent shivers of dread in my spin.

Shit! Shit! Shit!!!

What do I do now?!!? We made eye contact, so he knows I'm his mate!!! There's no way anyone could ever mistake this feeling for anything else. It's electrifying, your entire being feels it.

I pursed my lips together, what do I do? How do I escape this?!

The fear of rejection, of being cast aside by my own blood, weaved a web of torment around my thoughts. Being born an omega already made me the black sheep of the family.

My father already despises my existence since it makes him the laughing stock of the family. My parents and brothers don't even tell anyone I'm an omega because people don't even believe that male omegas exist.

With a body like mine that encompasses both genders, it's understandable that people would find me disgusting. Everyone treats me like a male wolf, even though that is not what I am...

I was frowning so hard, my head began to hurt.

What do I do now? I'm not going to that man, I can't. But the thrill he gave me the moment our eyes met was quite strong. I bit my lower lip in frustration.

I need to come up with a plan. I need to avoid him!

That's right

I just have to pretend it never happened. I'll just think that all this was a fluke. My wolf whined inside my head but I ignored her.

***

>>Amara

Nico didn't come back to class and he left me in a very awkward position. Well, it's not like I told him about Killian, if I had, he would never have left me on my own...

I had my board on my lap and I kept tapping the pencil on it.

Killain and his partner, who is his cousin apparently, Asher, were sitting back to back with model poses on the ground in the center of our class circle. Everyone had to draw them from their own perspective but I couldn't look at them much.

Because each time I did, I knew I would see Killian watching me.

I pursed my lips as my wolf kept whining in my head. She was urging me to get closer to him but I kept telling her no. Killian came from a very prominent family, his father is a big politician and I'm sure he would want a mate that could stand equal to him.

Not me, I can't speak, nor can I hear right...

Even thinking about choosing me would make him a laughing stock. People from elite societies don't like flaws. That's why Grace was made into a son and I wasn't even in the picture.

I raised my head to look at him again. He and Asher had their side profiles toward me but Asher was looking in the other direction while Killian had his face in ¾ direction with his eyes on me.

My heart was pounding in my chest but this time I didn't remove my eyes from him. I guess he's been wanting to talk to me, so I'll talk to him. I need to apologize for the slap too and I need to tell him to leave me alone.

I gripped my charcoal, then took an eyeful of him in my mind and began to draw.

***

"Oh My! Amara!" The professor was right behind me and her voice scared the shit out of me, "This is lovely!!" She crouched down next to me and stared at my paper, "Killian looks dreamy in your artwork."

!!!

I shot my head towards killian.

I hope he didn't hear that!! He was still in the same position and his expressions didn't change. It made me calm down a little. WHEW! It looks like he didn't hear...

Then I looked back at the teacher and nodded an appreciative gesture.

"You still need to work on Asher though," She pointed at my chart, "You only made Killian," She had a teasing tone in her voice and it made me shy.

It wasn't intentional, but once I started drawing, I couldn't stop and my eyes just wouldn't tear away from him. He is handsome, my heart raced, really handsome...

A blush crept across my face and I nodded then signed, 'I will,' Even though I know she shouldn't get what I said to her.

She still smiled back at me, then looked at the empty spot behind me, "Nico didn't come back." She asked, "Why? What happened?"

I looked at the spot behind me,

I have no idea what happened to him. I texted him about it, and the only thing he replied with was that he felt sick.

I took out my phone and typed in the notepad

'He had a fever,' I showed it to the teacher, 'He had to go to the hospital, he was puking a lot.' I made up a lie for him.

"Oh," The professor got concerned, "I see," she stood up, "I was about to get mad at how he ditched class but it's understandable if it's that bad."

I brought my phone back and stared at it.

"Okay class!' The art professor clapped her hands, "It's been three hours," She smiled, "Take pictures from where you're sitting and complete the rest before next class." She then stepped back, "You all can leave after that."

And that's what the students did. Everyone took pictures and so did I. But as I tied up my stuff my heart began to act wilder because I knew Killian would come to me. And that's exactly what happened.

I was folding my chart after taking it off the board when the sound of footsteps made my heart jump.

He's here! My wolf announced even though there was no need for it and I looked up at him.

"We need to talk," He demanded and I slowly nodded back at him