Apology

>>Amara

Killian and I made it to the canteen where he bought ice cream for me. I wasn't expecting that, I thought he'd take me to some quiet place not in the middle of the university.

I sat on one of the round benches which had one of those huge umbrellas, waiting for him and he came out with a mango cup ice cream. He handed it to me and sat down diagonally to me.

'Thank you,' I signed out of habit and he passed me a smile.

He put his cup on the table, 'Your welcome,' He signed back with a toothy smile, making my heart skip a beat, then sink down in my stomach to give me butterflies.

He does know how to sign!!! I knew I saw it right that day!

But why? Why would he know that? He's an Alpha werewolf, they're too proudy for this. Don't they consider this a humiliation? Werewolves are at the top spots of the world, and Alpha werewolves are leading societies, Killian is one of them and these wolves only want perfection...

I looked away and opened my cup's lid, then I licked the inside of the lid that had some ice cream on it out of habit. I don't like wasting ice cream, I mean, why would you not lick the inside of the lid???

But what I didn't expect was for Killian to start chuckling at my action. It made me freeze in my position. With my tongue still on the lid, I moved my eyes to look at him. Then I slowly finished the job as a small blush crept across my face and I looked down as I placed the lid on the table.

I picked up my cup and ice cream stick and stuck it in the yellow colored sweet, then wondered.

Why did he laugh at me? It's not like I did anything unusual, a lot of people do that... I brought my cup near my mouth and then subtly looked at him again

!!!

He was licking the lid too. He noticed I was watching him and continued to lick the lid but a little slowly while he kept his eyes on me. And, I couldn't help but notice, he had a long tongue.

It made my heart beat louder and my wolf cooed in delight. I noticed how the corners of his lips curled up and I shot my head away from him. My heart was pounding in my chest and I couldn't really comprehend what he did to me.

He quietly placed the lid aside and started eating his ice cream while I sat with mine in my hands trying to process why he did that.

Wait no...

He was just licking his lid. Why is it making me feel weird?!? It's normal! Why am I feeling weird!?!?

I shook my head! No!

I came here to talk to him and apologize. I should focus on that! Not on my wolf simply enjoying his company, his gaze and wanting him to lick me with that tongue of him-

...

Wait...

What?

My blush got harder when I realized what was wrong with me and I turned my head in the direction so that he wouldn't be able to see me at all. And then I started filling my mouth with the ice cream

GOD!!!

I can't believe I thought that!!!! I've never had dirty thoughts like that before!! Never!!!

I felt a tap on my shoulder that made me flinch but I knew it was from Killian, so I took a deep breath to calm myself down and then turned to look at him.

His ice cream was gone, he had devoured the whole thing.

"Look," He sat up straight, "Please don't run off this time, I need to talk to you."

I nodded at his words and put down my ice cream up, 'I have something to say to you too.' I signed at him but didn't look directly at him.

"Okay," He nodded and secretly it made me really happy that he understood what I was saying. No, I loved it!

My wolf loved it too! She was beyond happy at the contact.

'I slapped you,' I couldn't look into his eyes when I said that, 'I'm sorry...' I paused for a second, then brought my hands down.

"Yea..." He spoke and I finally looked at his face, "That was unexpected too," He placed his hand on his cheek, right where I slapped him and rubbed it, making me feel bad, "It hurt too."

My eyes went wide at his words.

It hurt?!?!

Why would my strength hurt him?!?! But wait, a slap can hurt anyone.

'I'm really sorry!' I apologized again, 'I got scared!' I felt weirdly guilty, 'It wasn't intentional...' I looked at him and he slowly nodded.

"It wasn't intentional..." He repeated my words and then a smile appeared on his face, it was as if he was happy, "Good then," His grin widened.

???

Good then? What's good?

'So? You're gonna let it go?' I asked.

"Hmm," He thought about it, "Do I forgive you for it?" He asked me the question and I nodded, "Hmm~" He hummed as he kept his eyes on me, then shook his head with a sly smile, "NO,"

!!!

My eyes went wide and I felt bad.

'No?' I tilted my head at him. I honestly thought he would let it go.

"No," He shook his head again, "Do you think it's fair that you slap me, run away, and then ignore me?" I shook my head at his words, telling him that I didn't think it was okay, "You don't think it was okay?" I shook my head at him again and then he let out a loud sigh making me freeze in my stance.

He folded his arms and looked away to let out a deep breath.

His actions were making me anxious.

"If you didn't think it was right," He looked at me, "Then did you think just saying you are is enough?"

!!!!

I fiddled with my fingers at his words.

It's not enough? I brought my gaze down as I thought about it.

"You hit me," He spoke, "And you think just saying sorry is enough?"

I looked at him in confusion. My heart was acting weird and I felt guilty. He's right... I did use physical violence against him, but I really thought an apology should be enough... It's not?

No... It's exactly an equivalent exchange but if not an apology, does he want to hit me back!?!?