And Love comes to All

>>Rachel

Time passed and I adjusted to leading the company while my ex-husband began to build up his. He was doing good and although it was painful for me to stand way far in the shadows and see him get along with his family, I also didn't hate it.

That kid, Eli's family was a little reluctant about Grace but seeing how the Alma's were reentering the elite society they all started liking her more.

And that other boy, Asher, seemed to have gotten into trouble for something like setting a trap for a prominent family that caused them to lose billions. Asher played something with their son Romano who ended up falling for the trap and the whole family suffered. Although no proof was found against him, he's still free and happy. I've always thought that boy was witty, I'm sure he left no proof behind of his misdeed.

I sat on my rotating chair behind my desk and stared at the slice of cheesecake in front of me.

I'm turning 42 all alone. I stared at the sweet, it had a single candle on top of it and it's funny how the only person who remembered my birthday was my secretary.

Mike and I tried to spend days like these together... I kept staring at it but I couldn't bring myself to light it.

He had a lot of catching up to do. Many flaws that needed to be taken care of. A lot of wasted time and ruined things that he has to face alone.

Well, not alone...

My heart stung a little.

But at least one of us found happiness again... And it's right of him not to contact me. We went our separate ways and he has someone else in his life now. His own family.

I let out a sigh which was followed by a knock on the door.

"Miss," My secretary peeked in, "The new director is here, should I send him in?"

"Ah!" I straightened up, "Oh yea, he was coming today," I cleared my throat, "Yes, send him in," I stood up and grabbed the tea-plate the cheesecake was on and walked to the cabinet. I can't have a stranger seeing how pathetic I am.

I opened the cabinet to put the plate in. I'll eat it later, maybe during lunch or something.

With all the people divided between the main company and the sub-branch there was a big need for rehiring. The new director is the son of a major share-holder, he was working somewhere else before so I've never met him.

There was a knock on the door, "Excuse me," The man said as the door opened and I closed the cabinet.

"Come in!" I began to walk towards my chair again.

"Hi," The man entered the room, "I'm Logan, I'll be starting today."

I went ahead and grabbed the back of the chair to straighten it, "Yes," I pulled a professional smile, "Thank you for-" I raised my head to finally look at him, "Coming..."

A sharp zap of electricity coursed through my veins and my heart almost stopped beating. My breath got caught up in my throat and I couldn't take my eyes off of the man in front of me.

'MATE!!!'

My wolf screamed in my brain

'MATE!! MATE!!!'

Logan was staring at me with his eyes wide open as well and for a moment we just looked at each other, unsure what to do. My skin stood up and waves of shiver went down my spine.

I would never have thought that something like this would happen to me at this point in my life and I felt my knees go weak.

!!!