Party

>>Amara

'Okay,' I got a text back from Nico, 'I'll go with you.' I smiled as soon as I read his text.

Oh! Thank God!

I had already worn the dress and it surprisingly fit me so well!

"I'll do your makeup now." Lyla had everything set up on the mirror, "The lighting isn't great in the bedroom so I brought the mirror lights."

Woah

She came prepared!

I wonder why though. She's doing this just because someone sent her? Is this supposed to be an elite-class thing? Did the other person pay her? I walked to the chair and sat down. Well, if she was paid to do this, that would make sense.

But who would want me to dress up? Who would even know that I didn't know about the party? Or that I didn't even bring a dress? No one would know... It's not like I told anyone...

Grace knew though... My heart lit up. Did she prepare it? Eli is from a pretty prominent family and he can do something like this! I grabbed my phone and texted my sister.

'Did you send me the dress?' Just as I pressed send Lyla spoke.

"Put your phone away while I'm working on you," She held my head and brought it back, "Otherwise the makeup will get messed up."

'Oh, sorry,' I lip-synced the words but I knew she didn't get them but she didn't say anything in return and I put my phone down as started working on me. I got a few texts immediately after but I didn't open my phone to look at them, not until the makeup and the hair were done.

It took over an hour but I remained patient, "You can look at yourself now." Lyla said and I stood up to take a look in the mirror. The moment I did though, my heart swelled in self-love.

WOW!

I look so much like Mom today. This is how she looked when she got ready whenever Dad came to visit the cabin in the woods.

"Do you like it?" Lyla asked and I nodded.

"Good then!" She smiled, "I'll be leaving then." She started grabbing all her stuff while I went over and wore the shoes that came with the dress. The heels were just as pretty as the dress.

This feels so nice!

Grace did me a huge favor!

I paused

Wait... Did she actually sent it though?

I should see her reply! I went over and grabbed my phone from the table and opened her texts which only made my heart drop.

'What dress?' She asked which was followed by question marks '????'

I stared at the texts in confusion, then texted her again.

'Did Eli come to the Hunter's fest?' I sent the text and then went back to the main chats since I had another message.

It was from Nico and as I read what he had written, my heart dropped further down, into the pit of my stomach.

'The dress you got though, I'm going to make a wild guess and say it's from Killian.'

Killian...

My heart pounded at the mention of his name, then I looked down at myself.

He sent me this?

All of my feelings got suddenly mushed up, and I got confused

So, he's here?

My phone buzzed, indicating a text and I immediately opened it.

'No,' Grace had replied, 'But his bestie Killian is there. If you feel troubled by anything, you can ask for his help, he'll help for sure.'

My confusion was washed away by her text. So he is here... That means Asher would be here too... What now? Nico and I wanted to avoid them but we're sure to run into them by now. Wait, how did Nico guess that my dress is from Killian? Did he already meet with Asher??

The bathroom door opened and Tina stepped outside, freezing my thoughts for a moment because she looked absolutely gorgeous. She paused as her eyes landed on me and a look of surprise took over her.

"You said you weren't going to the party," Her eyebrows knitted together, "And you said you didn't have a dress."

I immediately opened the text-to-speech app, then paused.

What do I even say to her?

"My sister sent it to me," I lied, "It was a surprise even for me."

"Ah~" She folded her arms, "I see," She looked at the time, "It's going to be seven soon," She walked to her suitcase, "We can go together now that you're going too."

I nodded at her, "Okay,"

***

>>Nico

"See?" Asher had a very punchable smile plastered on his face, "It fits perfectly."

He had ordered a white suit for me to wear and I'm so mad that it fit me but I had nowhere to throw my anger, "You pervert." I threw my words at him, "How'd you know my size."

"Because I held you in my arms," His smile got wider, "How could I not know how petite you are after I felt you so closely?" And I got angrier.

"Fuck you," I crossed him, purposely hitting his shoulder as I left the room, doing my best to hide the embarrassment that came with his statement. I went straight to the first floor where the party hall was and I saw Amara waiting outside the hall.

I knew she was waiting for me and I won't lie, the moment I saw her, I got some of my composure back. I took a deep breath and looked behind me. I was expecting Asher to follow me but he wasn't behind me.

"Amara!" I called her name and jogged over to her. She perked up as soon as she saw me and I went over to grab her hand, "Let's go in."

She nodded and we entered the grand party hall.

As expected the hall was huge, everything there was sparkling, along with the people.

The butlers and waitstaff catered to guests' every need, ensuring a seamless and delightful experience for all attendees. The elite class mingled and socialized, dressed in their finest attire, exuding an air of sophistication and refinement.

Subtle laughter and clinking glasses filled the hall, and the ambiance was charged with a palpable sense of camaraderie and celebration.

I looked over at Amara, "You okay?"

She squeezed my hand and then nodded.

"Feeling a little overwhelmed?" I asked and she smiled at me softly, then nodded again, "It's fine, nothing would happen as long as you stay with me." I pulled her along with me, "Don't worry, there are no things as fancy dances here, just people who came to show off their expensive dresses." We both stopped by the buffet table, "Let's just enjoy the food."

...

"What is it?" I noticed that Amara was staring at my suit.

She let my hand go and raised them to talk to me, 'Where did you get that suit from?'

I rolled my eyes, "Asher..." I let out a devastated sigh, "He's my roommate." I was expecting a reaction out of her but all she did was frown, "Why?" I felt a little weird, "What's wrong?" She was staring at my suit a little too much.

Then she raised her gaze to look at my face, 'It looks like you're getting married.' She pointed at my dress, 'You look like a groom. Like someone's bride.'

....

My eyes went wide

!!!!

I looked down at myself and it really dawned upon me. I was wearing a white suit with a red tie and a red coat napkin. I looked up again and noticed a full-length mirror not far from where we were and saw my reflection in it again.

Suddenly my cheeks flared up as the realization set in.

Asher!!!! That mofo!!!! He did it on purpose!!!