Avoid

>>Asher

A male...

I frowned again. I had been thinking about it the moment my eyes landed on that boy. Cute, petite with milky white skin... Our eyes met momentarily and I felt an electric current pass through me. My wolf howled at me screaming in my mind

Mate! Mate!! Mate!!!

I walked around the art and design department, unsure where to look.

Why? Why is my pair a male though? I'm a hundred percent sure I'm not gay.

...

Am I gay?

I shook my head. I can't deny the attraction I felt the moment I saw him though. I wanted to have him in my arms the moment I saw him.

I bit my lower lip. He's beautiful. I gulped as I felt my heart beat louder.

But a male? He didn't look human, humans have a different scent to them. But that boy, he seemed to have a wolf but his scent was so different. I don't think I've ever smelt someone like that.

It was a mixed scent of roses and ash... How do these two scents go together? I clicked my tongue, it doesn't make sense but then again it's right in front of me.

I let out a sigh.

From what I saw he was shocked to see me too. It goes both ways, I didn't think my destined partner would be a male. I shook my head. Well, whatever, I can just reject him and move on.

Nobody cares about fated partners in this day and age.

But,

I stopped by one of the back doors of the department.

The moment I saw him, I wanted to embrace him so badly... I folded my arms and frowned again. Is it going to be like that everytime?

What's wrong with me? And why am I even looking for him? Am I annoyed that he ran away from me? Or did it make me angry that he didn't even want to be in the same space as me?

But, wait, wait, wait! I saw what Killian's girl wrote on the notepad, that 'Nico' had a fever.

Nico... The professor called his name, it must be his name, right? I smiled without realizing it.

It's a pretty name.

...

I shook my head. What has gotten into me! If he's sick, he would be in the hospital right? Not hiding somewhere in the department.

Because if he's hiding in the building, that means he did it to get away from me and even though I was planning on rejecting him, I didn't like the thought of him avoiding me.

I turned around. I'll just believe he really went to the hospital because of his fever.

I let out a sigh and began to walk away. I should leave-

But something caught my eye at the very last moment as I started walking away. The back door opened and someone stepped out.

I turned my head to look at the person as I slowed down and noticed a familiar figure walking out with his bag on his shoulder. He wasn't paying attention initially, but when he noticed someone else in the area he turned his head towards me and froze the next moment.

His eyes went wide in shock and I saw the panic in them.

It was as if he was scared and I don't know what went through my mind but seeing him like that got to me.

It made me angry.

>>Nico

I had spent the whole time locked in the bathroom stall. Amara kept texting me but I didn't know what to tell her. I was skeptical about telling her the truth and at the moment I was distressed.