The Grand Hotel

>>Amara

Nestled majestically amidst the rugged mountain peaks was The Grand Hotel of the elites. We were greeted by a grand entrance adorned with intricately carved wooden doors and a sweeping porte-cochère. The entrance was flanked by imposing statues of noble stag and regal bears, paying homage to the majestic wildlife that roamed those mountains.

Upon entering the hotel's grand lobby, guests were enveloped in an aura of luxury and sophistication. The soaring ceilings were supported by massive wooden beams, and the polished stone floors were adorned with elegant Persian rugs that added a touch of warmth and grandeur.

A roaring fireplace stood as the focal point of the lobby, crackling with the comforting embrace of a carefully tended flame. Plush leather armchairs and sumptuous sofas were arranged invitingly around the hearth, offering guests a place to unwind and savor the moments of respite after a day of exhilarating hunting.

The hotel's interior decor was a harmonious fusion of rustic charm and refined elegance. Exquisite chandeliers crafted from antler and wrought iron hung from the ceilings, casting a soft glow that complemented the natural beauty of the surroundings. Fine art and tapestries depicting hunting scenes adorned the walls, making both Nico and I awe.

We then looked at each other, "I feel a little out of place." Nico whispered and I nodded.

'Same,' I replied, 'I've never been to a place like this.'

"I have," He replied, "Let's not forget who my father is." He sighed and I nodded at his words.

"OH! MY GOD!" Tina came with us and unlike Nico and I, she was excited, "This place is amazing!: She took out her phone and started taking snaps, "This is going to be an amazing trip!"

"We're here for an assignment," Nico rolled his eyes and Tina paused.

"Yea," She looked back at us with an uninterested look, "But nobody said we can't have fun while we're here."

Nico glanced at me, 'She's right,' I signed, 'As long as we finish our painting, we can have fun.' I shrugged and he then shrugged back.

We were given our assigned cards at the reception and Tina and I were paired up for a room. Nico got his card but he had no idea who his roommate would be, he just wished it wasn't an Alpha werewolf. On Nico's ID, he's not an omega. His family has that fact hidden and he doesn't tell anyone either. So I'm the only one who knows.

I hope he gets paired with a college senior. I learned that Amy and Jake are here too. I never got to meet them again after they hosted the freshmen party but I feel like they're nice people. It would be nice if Jake became Nico's roommate.

"Hey!" Tina called out to me as she opened her suitcase on her bed, "What are you wearing for tonight's opening ceremony party?"

I paused at her words and looked at her in confusion. 'What?' I signed the words but she didn't get it. Of course, she wouldn't, but at the same time, I'm glad she didn't. I just spoke out in a confused reaction.

"I can't sign," She replied and took out a black off-the-shoulder dress and placed it on the bed, "If we need to talk, you'll have to write it out."'

I felt really uncomfortable. I had no idea there was a dinner party so I didn't bring a dress. And to be fair, I don't have any, to begin with. I've never been to events like these so why would I own one?

I took out my phone and opened the text-to-speech app.

"I won't be attending," I typed it and the app voiced it out.

"What?" She looked at me as if I was some weird alien, "Well," She looked at me from top to bottom, "Makes sense, it's not like you'll be able to talk to anyone." She turned around and started taking out her things.