Beach House II

"Beach House"

Part II

|12|

Javier

It was no secret that I had an obsession with substance, the word addiction sounds too mundane to describe my relationship with drugs. I could go a day without a bottle of liquor, maybe two without pills. . .but when it came to weed? I had no self-control.

The ecstasy of being high is like no other.

Nothing else compares.

It instills a calm within the raging storm within me. Something that nothing or anyone else is capable of.

Contrary to belief: do drugs.

We only live once, I'm a strong believer in trying everything while you're still young.

Dat nuh mean yuh fi fuck batty n' dem ting deh. . .doh twist mi words

Just be prepared for the outcome because at the end of the day all actions have their consequences. Whether it happens immediately or in the long run.

We are all bound to die someday, if drugs bring me an early demise, so be it.

The day slowly settles in as the sun peeks up from the horizon. Just as she had went the evening before, she rises painting the sky with beautiful hues.

The scent of the salty waters fill the atmosphere and I send a silent prayer to whoever created it all. I wasn't a religious person per say but I believed that there is someone or something to thank for it all.

A familar scent of perfume fills my senses and I immediately knew who it is.

She cya hide

"Cya frighten mi." I muttered, releasing a breath of smoke through my nostrills. I throw my head back onto the back of the chair looking up at her in silent admiration.

Kalíanna stares down at me. The glow of the morning reflects in her hazel eyes, the green fleks were brighter than that of the browns but they were still very prominent. I watch as she slowly purses her lips, something she often did whenever she was trying to conceal a smile.

Her lips were swollen and plumper than usual, a small tell that she had just woken up.

"Yuh never sleep?" She asked, her voice was soft. A subtle whisper in the air, adding to the serenity of my morning. I fold my bottom lip between my teeth.

It was extremely early. I wouldn't call myself an insomniac, I did sleep. However, not for extensive periods of time. I got four hours of sleep on average, five if I'm lucky.

I avoid the question, countering it with one of my own.

"Why you up suh early?" She didn't go to sleep early last night. She insisted on staying up with me, despite the fact that mi did know seh sleep a kill har. It was amusing to watch, nonetheless. I let out small laugh as I replay the memory in my mind. She eventually gave in around 3 am.

She relays a slight shrug in response.

"Yuh eat from morning, yuh wake up a smoke?" She scolds, attempting to take the blunt from between my fingers.

"Doh fuck wid mi spliff." I move my hand out of her reach. She moves from her place behind me to stand facing me. "Kali." I say, in a serious tone when she doesn't stop. Any peace of mind I had before is gone. I grab her hand and she trys to pry it from my hold. "Buil' nuh." I remark, when she delivers a hit with her free hand.