three

Dan Heng, never showed up. She tried calling him, but he wouldn't answer his phone at all. And she was panicking. It was already the end of the work day as she hastily called the merchant for the required material, luckily he still had some in store and promised to get to her by late afternoon tomorrow.

But right now, she couldn't worry about stitching up his coat, the material, or anything else dealing with the job as a tailor. For now, she needed to focus on her night job. A singer in a stingy bar.

The place was dangerous. It was in a part of town that the cops or public safety never touched. Got stabbed in said part of town? Don't bother calling an ambulance or aid, they won't even dare coming to your rescue if you're in such a place.

"Hey, doll. You look a bit flustered, your day job giving you trouble?"

Currently she was fixing her hair in a rush, brushing it out quickly as she stood on the stage behind the curtains. Her eyes hastily looking over to the piano man who was kind of like her partner ever since she started singing there.

"Y- yeah, you could say that."

The piano man (his name was Dave), gave her a crooked smile, "why don't you quit it and work full time here? The manager has been looking for pretty girls that can satisfy a man during the day."

Her face heated considerably, "no thank you. Besides, I'm not experienced at all and would probably lose more money than anything else."

Dave snorted, "a pretty girl like you inexperienced? Well, that's hard to believe- wait. Don't tell me you're a virgin, doll."

She didn't meet his eyes then as she finally fixed her hair, made sure her dress straps were snug on her shoulders, and that nothing was out of place.

"Can we please drop it and focus on this. We're about to go on."

Dave whistled a tune, "you should find a man who can take care of that virginity problem, y/n. Because the last thing you want is to have it taken forcefully for you...," Dave said a bit quietly before his eyes widened as if he remembered something, "oh right! The boss told me to tell you something."

Y/n tried her best to ignore the warning he mentioned. She didn't just want some one nightstand that wouldn't matter the next day. She wanted a deep relationship that would eventually lead to marriage and a happy ever after. So, she planned on saving her virginity, thank you very much!

Y/n was a hopless romantic...

"What is it?"

Dave stood up from his spot in front of the piano and walked towards the curtains, "c'mere. See that man out there? He belongs to one of the main three criminal factions here. They say he likes to hang out at different bars at night, but this is a first time any of us are seeming him here. So, we reckon that he just finally made an appearance here since this place is so crappy and it was on the bottom of his list!"

Dave finished his last sentence with a laugh as y/n came up to the crack in the red curtain and peaked through. Her eyes catching sight of a well dressed man. Black hair, red tips, red eyes. He was trouble, she could tell.

Their eyes met for a moment then and he sent her a cruel smile causing her to jolt and back away from the curtain.

"You see him?"

"Y- yeah..."

Before Dave or Y/n could say anything else, someone from backstage said it was show time. So, all thoughts were saved for later as the curtain was pulled back. Y/n plastered on her best smile and grabbed the mic that was waiting for.

Let's get this show on the road so I can get paid!