seventeen

warning | a small memory of shitty parents (again)

12:45pm

She grinned as she stood before the tea shop before her. The Cloud Daze. It was a very popular tea shop in Luofu territory, and super expensive too. There are even private rooms in it where many business people go to to have meetings and such. And the pay is absolutely phenomenal too!

Straightening out her clothes one last time, she took a deep breath.

I'm early, but that shouldn't be a problem.

12:47pm

Opening up the front doors, she plastered on a kind smile and went up to the front desk to a well dressed waitress. Woah! The uniforms sure are fancy! Way fancier clothing than I have ever made!

"Hello, miss, do you have a reservation with us today? Because if not, then I'm afraid we are all booked out today."

"Ah, no," y/n said with a sheepish smile, "I'm actually here for an interview. My name is y/n l/n-"

She was cut off when the lady clapped her hands together with a smile, "oh! Miss l/n! You're a bit early! But don't worry, that's no problem, please follow me and I'll show you to the manager. We can start your interview immediately."

The well dressed lady moved out from behind the desk and motioned y/n to follow her. She quickly got the memo and walked after the lady.

Wow, she sure does walk fast ...

She shook her head as she tried to focus.

Now's not the time to be appreciating the place, the uniforms, or thinking of how fast this lady freaking is! I need to focus on what questions the manager might ask. Yes! Focus, y/n! Focus!

"Please wait out here for a moment."

The two stopped in front of a large, well crafted, wooden door.

Damn, this door alone could be worth more than my whole apartment...is this imported wood?

"Miss l/n?"

"A- ah, yes! I'll wait here!"

The lady grinned and nodded and disappeared behind the door.

12:53pm

12:56pm

12:59pm

1:00pm

The door opened again as the lady stepped out and bowed a little.

"They will be seeing you now."

"T- they?"

"Ah, yes, sorry. But the manager and the owner are both in there. Though, truth be told, the owner being here was quite the surprise. I hope you aren't too nervous...," the lady trailed off eyeing y/n, and y/n was quick to shaked her head, "not at all! I'll interview with the whole city watching me if I have to."

The lady laughed and motioned to the door, "then good luck. I hope you get the job."

Taking a deep breath, y/n pushed the door open and stepped in. The room was, in a single word, extravagant.

She focused on the two people in the room, but stopped for a second when her eyes locked onto Jing Yuan. Oh-

"Hello, miss Y/n L/n. I'm Xian Mushoku. I'm the manager of this fine establishment and this is Jing Yuan, the owner."