five

Wednesday. She only had today and probably Thursday morning to fix Dan Heng's coat. And right now, she ran into some more trouble when she found herself in shop.

"What?! You're kidding me, Sampo!"

The man shrugged his shoulders as he gave her a small grin, "sorry y/n, but thats the new deal. You gotta take it or leave it."

"But that price is too much, it wasn't what we agreed upon yesterday!"

Y/n stressed as she slammed her hands onto the counter. Sampo merely chuckling as he gave her another shrug of his shoulders.

"Listen y/n, this material is pretty pricey. In fact, someone called me this morning to buy all of it. But since you called first, well, I thought we could work something out. Besides, if you can't pay this amount then I'll just go to the next highest bidder!"

He sounded happy when he clapped his hands together, "so, I'll ask you again. Will you pay this new amount, or am I going to have to go to the next customer in line?"

He handed her his phone which had the way overpriced bill on the screen. A signature line at the bottom waiting to be signed by her finger.

The shop couldn't cover the bill. Which would mean she would have to pay for it out of her own pocket, but ... but- rent was due this Friday! Not to mention she hasn't been able to get a good meal for the past three days.

"You know, I really like you y/n, so I'll make another offer for you..."

She looked up at him, hope in her eyes.

"The price remains the same," he started as she quickly deflated, buuuut if you can pay me by Friday, then I won't take off a limb or two. Cause you know what type of business I run in these parts. Can't have people skipping bills if you do decide to sign this."

"I ... I understand," she muttered, signing the bill, "I'll get the money to you by Friday."

He clapped his hands together again as he smiled, "wonderful! Happy doing business with you, y/n!"

He turned to the door and snapped his fingers after checking to see that the signature wasn't falsified. Two men came in a second later and dropped the crate with the material in it.

"I'll be up here, Friday afternoon. And y/n, you better have the money, understand?"

She nodded.

"Great! See you then~!"

The two men along with Sampo left the shop and all she could do was anguish over her new debt that she had to take care of immediately.

She had rent due Friday and now she had to take care of this problem. Not to mention she still had a coat to fix.

She rested her head in her hands. There's one thing I can do. I can't give up yet!

MEANWHILE

Sampo dialed a number in his phone. The ringing sounded as the person on the other end picked up almost immediately.

"You know," Sampo started, "you're quite the evil man. Honestly, doing this to a poor, young lady."

"Cut the sentiments. Did you do as I asked?"

"Ouch, so mean..., but yes, i did. Her rent is due by Friday annnnd now she has to pay me a very overpriced bill."

"Good. Since you did your job, I transferred the money to you."

"You're too kind, sir! Ahh, but one thing..."

"What."

"Y/n is a really sweet girl, if things don't go according to your plan I think I'll just pay the bill for her."

"Ha! You? Showing kindness?"

"What can I say? Shes nice and helped me out quite a lot. It would be wrong of me to not return the favor every once and awhile."

"You will stay out of this, understand?"

Sampo sighed, "fine, fine. Have it your way."

He barely got his last sentence out when the guy on the other end hung up. Sampo now being left alone to his thoughts.

I'll make it up to y/n later. Hopefully she'll forgive me for doing this to her. But ... money is money after all.