twenty one

"You're going where with who tonight?!"

Dan Heng bit the inside of his cheek as he realized how loud his voice got. Quickly calming himself, he tried his best to lower his voice so the next words he let's leave his mouth doesn't echo across the whole damn city. But who could blame him? The last thing he expected when he met up with y/n for lunch today was to hear about how she now has a date with Blade apparently. Blade of all people.

Y/n all the while held a 'hehe i'm in danger' look the whole time she was telling the Vidyadhara about her encounter with Blade yesterday. Their lunch getting dangerously cold as the two them dragged their conversation out.

"Y/n, I don't think you should go with him tonight."

Because (a) he might kill you if you upset him in anyway and (b) that soirée for the big companies is just a cover up. It's actually a sort of gathering for all the bigger mafia families and the lower branches. If you go to that... he shuddered at the thought of her dying to a shootout. Originally he was planning on not attending as he usually just ignored such events. But if she goes...I may just have to go as well and make sure she doesn't end up dead in a ditch somewhere.

She crossed her arms over her chest and looked away, "its too late. He already bought me a dress and sent it to my place this morning and told me to be ready by eight."

Dan Heng practically reached for straws as he tried to figure out ways to deter her from going until he went over her words a few more times, "how does he know where you live to send you something?"

"He told me after asking me out on to the soirée that he owns the place that I work at and could just look up my papers. You know the stuff with my phone number, my address, and emergency contacts on it?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
the day before
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Alright, but I don't have anything to wear except for those few dresses I have when I still worked at that night club."

Blade did not like the idea of her wearing such outfits where even more people could see her, so he decided to take matters into his own hands.

"Its fine, i can just buy you something and send a dress to you in the morning."

"Why tomorrow?"

"Because the soirée is tomorrow night, songbird."

He reached forward and tapped the screen since she was still holding his phone. Her eyes carefully watching the action as he gaze fixated onto a date. Guess it is tomorrow night...

"Well, maybe its best if I just go buy myself a new dress then.."

"No, I said I'll buy you one myself."

She pressed her lips together, "you don't even know my size."

He looked her up and down, "I think I can guess, and if I'm wrong then I can just send you different sizes of the same dress."

"That would cost a lot! Besides, you don't even know where I live."

He smirked and gestured for her to give him back his phone which she did.

Crossing her arms over her chest, she waited as he tapped away before handing the phone back to her. And once he did, her facial expression went completely blank.