thirty nine

“Ughhh… what happened?”

When she opened her eyes, her head was pounding immensely. It made her want to go back to sleep if she was being honest.

“You’re awake, thank goodness. I was worried for a second there.”

“Dan Heng? When did you-?”

“I got here not too long ago. Apparently you passed out when you saw both Robin and Sunday.”

“How do you know that,” she asked as Dan Heng helped her up which was when she noticed that her head had been lying in his lap while he say himself and her in a nearby bench within the silvermane guards hq.

“They told me what happened. They would have waited for you to wake up so they could apologize properly, but they had something important come up. Probably a meeting concerning the Family…, but that’s not the point,” Dan Heng gave her two slips of paper, “as another form of an apology Robin told me to give these to you. They’re two tickets to her next concert happening in a month.”

Y/n sat straight up at that, “you’re serious?!”

“Deadly.”

Y/n was careful to take the tickets from him and noticed how they were VIP tickets too, no less.

“They said that they will give you a proper apology at the concert, and are sorry that they couldn’t wait for you to wake up.”

“Oh, I don’t mind, people like that are always so busy. Heck, I’m impressed that even someone like you could ever make time for someone like me.”

“Nonsense, I would cancel everything in my schedule just to spend the day with you.”

Y/n hugged him at that, “so since there are two tickets, will you be joining me? I don’t know if concerts are your thing, but I promise it’ll be a lot of fun! I myself never got to go on one, of course, but they always looked so exciting on the TV.”

“If I get to go with you, then I’m sure it’ll be worth it.”

Y/n grabbed his hand, “now let’s get out of here.”

“Where do you want to go?”

“Anywhere but here.”

Dan Heng tightened his hold on her hand as he pulled her up from their spot on the bench, “was talking with him that bad?”

“No…but it hurt.”

“I’m sorry.”

Y/n shook her head, “it’s not your fault. Things happen. Granted, I never would have imagined something like this ever happening to me, but … I am glad that it’s over.”

“It being ‘over’ would be an understatement miss l/n.”

Just as y/n and Dan Heng left the Silvermane HQ, they were immediately confronted. The presence of this person was quick to send a chill down his spine as he stood a little in front of y/n.

“I’m sorry,” she asked, looking around Dan Heng. Her eyes widened at the two people, “Blade? Miss Kafka?!”

The purple-haired woman gave a sly smile, “It’s been a long time l/n, and I’m sure you don’t exactly know the reason why we stopped you today.”

Blade stepped forward this time, “when you first started working at Stellaron Tailor, you signed a contract. You agreed to work within the Stellaron Corporation for at least 5 years. It’s only been 2.”

Y/n rolled her eyes, “I got fired, remember? Besides, why would this concern you Blade?”

Blade smirked, but Kafka was the one who spoke up, “Bladie here works for the Stellaron Hunters. Much like how I do.”

Y/n frowned, “you do,” her surprise was evident as she looked at Blade, “why have you never said anything?!”

“Because the surprise on your face was well worth the wait.”

Y/n rolled her eyes, “alright, so I got fired and wasn’t able to complete the contract. What now?”

Kafka stepped forward, “You’ll be coming with us.”

It was one problem after another it seemed. She wondered how she was going to get out of this-

"And if I refuse to let you take her?"

She looked to Dan Heng, her eyes widening in slight surprise as she felt him tighten his hold on her hand.

Maybe she didn't have to wonder after all.