twenty five

"Pretty cool, right?"

Dan Heng had an unreadable look on his face, but he soon smiled nonetheless, "well, if the Astral Express is who you want to work for, then I don't see a reason not to join. Though, if everything works out, then do you plan on quitting your tailoring job?"

Y/n thought for a moment as she looked down at her lunch. Today, she had specifically made two boxed lunches. One for her and one for Dan Heng. To be honest, she wasn't sure if he would except eating a handmade lunch with her, but she was glad that he did.

And as of now, the two were sitting in the break room of the tailor shop, and talking about the potential new job she may get thanks to Luocha.

"I think I will. The pay is way better not to mention that I wouldn't have tire myself out with so many jobs either. Honestly, I think its a win-win situation here. And ah! Don't worry, I'll still go out and eat lunch with you without a doubt!"

Dan Heng chuckled a little, "well, whatever you choose to do, I'll back you up."

"Thanks!"

Looking at her for a moment, Dan Heng finally decided to ask a question that's been plaguing his mind recently. Surely she wouldn't mind, right?

"Hey y/n? Can I ask you something?"

"Go for it," she said without missing a beat. Her eyes looking up at him before looking back down at her food and happily chowing down.

"Gepard. You mention him a lot when your talking about your stories and everything. It sounds like you two are almost joined at the hip."

Y/n laughed off his words, "joined at the hip? Thats an interesting way to put it. But don't worry, me and Gepard are just childhood friends. He's always been there for me through thick and thin."

"Ahhh, childhood friends...that makes sense."

He watched her face as he prepared his next question.

"Do you like him?"

"Of course I do."

Dan Heng smiled lightly, "no, I meant. Are you in love with him?"

She paused and thought for a moment as if she was really thinking it over.

"Hmm, no. He's my friend. We've been, as you said, joined at the hip ever since I could remember. I don't think I could ever see him as like a boyfriend or anything like that."

"What a heartbreaker y/n."

She gasped, "how dare you! I'm not a heartbreaker!  And besides, I know for a fact that Gepard doesn't feel that way about me either!"

She said that even though her mind drifted off to the kiss he gave to the corner of her lips.

Dan Heng hummed, "ah, alright. So what about me? How do you feel about me?"

He moved his chair closer to her. Eyes staring into her own.

"How do i... feel about you?"

"Yeah, am I just a friend too?"

He moved closer. His head bent, their noses touching.

"W- well, you- i-"

And just as their lips were about to touch, the bell to the front door of the tailoring shop ringed, signaling someone walking in and a voice soon calling out.

"Excuse me! Anyone here?!"

Y/n moved away from Dan Heng with a flustered look on her face, "please ex- excuse me for a moment."

She kept her head down and eyes trained to the floor. The heat radiating off her face feeling like she was running over 100°.

Dan Heng, all the while, could only curse lightly at the interruption.