four

"Thank you all for coming! And I see our lovely bar owner, Xiangshi has made an appearance tonight! This song is dedicated to you, sir," she winked at him and blew him a kiss. The boss merely smiling and waving as he acted like he caught the kiss and held it to his heart, the crowd giving him a small around of applause.

Y/n gave a quick nod to Dave and he started the music, his fingers working over the keys as y/n went into her first song.

Halfway through as she was singing about hopes, dreams, and useless things ━━ her eyes caught sight of that man again. Dave mentioned his name was Blade, said he was someone who she doesn't ever want to mess with.

Their eyes locked once more and for a brief moment she felt like she was being analyzed again. But this analysis felt more cold, dangerous. As if he was picking her apart. He sent her that same cruel smile and even dared to add a wink in her direction as if mocking her from before when she was greeting her boss.

She tried to hide her shaking legs and trembling hands. Her feet planting firmly on the stage as she gripped the mic harder. Her eyes traveling elsewhere, anywhere but at him.

As the night went on, she was requested to do three more songs. More songs and more requests meant her getting paid more. It was a good deal.

Though, she kind of hoped she would get a few more requests before she was forced to retire for the night, buuut she wasn't complaining. Money was money after all.

"Thank you so much! and I hope you all have a safe night!"

Letting go of the mic stand, she gave everyone one last wave, one last smile, and one last bow before her and Dave exited the stage and went to the back where the next performers were waiting.

"As lovely as always, y/n," a saxophone player cheered, patting her on the back. She smiled, she really tried to, but she honestly couldn't bring herself to ever get comfortable with any of the other musicians or singers. They cheered for her, yes. But they were just being nice. At the end of the night ... it was them who were getting paid more. Dave patted her on the back as if to make her feel better, "pay them no mind, doll. Just go get changed. Once you're done I'll hand you your money and you can head on out for the night. You don't gotta stay.

"Right, of course!"

She tried to mask her sadness because she knew that the money wouldn't be much. She only did four songs that night...

Going to the women's dressing room, which was currently empty since all the other ladies were busy selling their bodies, y/n had quickly gotten changed and made sure all of her belongings were with her. Keys to the apartment? Check. Wallet? Check. Backpack with my dress that I changed out of? Check. My extra clothes? Wearing them.

She stashed away her heels, folded her dress, zipped up the back and shouldered the straps. Her keys were fixed into her jacket pocket along with her wallet, and she soon found herself ready to go.

Now to find Dave and get my money for the night.

Walking out of the changing room, she immediately bumped into a hard chest.

"What the-?!"

Her hand flew to her face as she massaged her sore nose. Her eyes peeking at the person she ran into and her blood ran cold real fast.

Blade.

"That was a good performance."

She went to back up into the safety of the changing room but he reached behind her and grabbed the doorknob to shut it closed. Her back met the wooden door in an instant as he trapped her against it.

"You sing here often, song bird?"

She nodded her head, "y- yes, sir. Almost every night."

"Only a few songs though? Can't be paying that much."

One hand was resting on the door beside her head, the other reached up and grabbed a stray strand of her hair, his fingers twisting it a little before moving the strand behind her ear.

"It- it doesn't, but I manage."

"Why don't you come sing for me? I've been looking for a new song bird."

She quirked an eyebrow, "you own a bar?"

Her initial fear was gone as she posed her curious question. Her sudden change caused him to grin.

"No, not particularly. What I mean is my own little song bird. You sing for me and only me. Though, I can't say you'll be let off easy if you sing a tune I don't particularly like."

She thought for a moment. If she took this job, then she bet she would definitely get paid more since she would be the only singer. However...

"Ehh, im sorry sir. But I kinda of like my night job here. But thank you for the offer!"

She gave him a smile as he was dumbfounded for a second. Wait, did she actually think he was offering a job? How stupid was she?

Before he could question her, she slipped by him and sent him a small wave, "if you end up coming back on another night, then be sure to request something sir!"

She disappeared around the corner a moment later, leaving him to his thoughts.

It was his first time at the bar. The first time he saw her. The first time he downed a terrible shot of vodka. But her singing was what kept him seated.

He smirked to himself, she may be stupid and oblivious and quick to trust, but I can definitely have some fun with her.

He made a plan to come tomorrow and do as she suggested...request a song.