4 - the instagram post

A/N: Hi, how are you all? :) (To whoever is even reading this)

I just stand there in shock not at all understanding what is happening. A few moments later Sam, Steve, and Bucky come back from their daily morning run. All looking at us with a wide smirk written on their faces.

We all just stand there in silence until Sam clears his throat and speaks up. "Sooo, you two had a good night together?". Bucky was giggling next to him while Steve desperately tried not to laugh.

"WHY DID YOU SEND THAT IN THE GROUP CHAT? NOW EVERYONE WHO WASN'T EVEN THERE KNOWS ABOUT IT!". I burst out

"Calm down Y/N it is not that much of a big deal, everyone knows that it was about to happen" Steve says.

"I do have to agree on Y/N on that one. I just saw that Clint posted it on Instagram. I mean, you could have just sent it to me in DM's and we would be good, INSTEAD of the whole internet knowing about it. They all ship us now." Nat says shrugging her shoulders, before leaving the room with her glass of water and a yoghurt.

We all look at Nat leaving the room, surprised, shocked, and confused.

"I-" I get cut off by Bucky saying in a weird voice, "Did she just say that I should have sent the picture either way and said that the internet shipped you two together without being mad at us?

"I think so" Steve says giving me a pat on my shoulder.

My stomach growls loudly. Embarresed I put my hand on my stomach. "Sorry".

"I think you need to eat something Y/N/N" Sam says with a chuckle.

I groan, take a slice of bread, and put it in the toaster. Then I cut a banana into slices and put it on my toast. (A/N: I don't know if this is just something that happens in my country or if this is also in other countries but yeah, I love it )

I can hear the boys talking about the Instagram post Clint did but I ignore them and decide to just check on it myself.

And indeed, there it is. The Instagram post. Already with way too many likes. I open the comments to see who already reacted to it.

IAMIRONMAN - they look cute lolWANDA MAXIMOFF - Clint nat will kill you if she sees this SAMTHEFALCON - I agree 100% on the captionAGENTHILL - huh AVENGERSFANXXXX - OMG THEY ARE DATING!!!! LOVE YOU XXXXWANDASIMP - I wish someone would fall asleep ...

WANDA MAXIMOFF - Clint nat will kill you if she sees this
SAMTHEFALCON - I agree 100% on the caption
AGENTHILL - huh
AVENGERSFANXXXX - OMG THEY ARE DATING!!!! LOVE YOU XXXX
WANDASIMP - I wish someone would fall asleep on me like them *sigh* sad single life

(A/N: i am not that good in editing and I tried to do some comments to look real but I didn't know how so yeah i had to do them like this🥲)

NATASHA'S POV

If I have to be honest, I am happy that Clint posted that. At least a lot of people would think that she is taken and would stop making those remarks that she needs to date people ext.

I would have killed him if I did look bad in the picture but I still have my makeup on and you can't see my sleepy face so I don't really mind.

A loud knock on my door takes me out of my thoughts.

"Come in" I say bitterly and clearly irritated that they were so loud when I woke up not even an hour ago. Not even a second later Maria burst into my room and jumps on my bed next to me.

"Why didn't you tell me you were dating Y/N!!". "Hello to you too, but no we are not-" I get cut off by Maria who didn't at all seem to listen to me. "I mean it was kinda obvious you liked her and that she liked you but still you could have told me! I am still your best friend! Right? Or did Y/N take my place in that too?"

I look at her with wide eyes. "What do you mean obvious, you think she likes me? And no Maria you are still my best friend. And no we are not dating I don't know what happened yesterday and I don't know why everyone thinks that we are together." I explain.

"Oh" She looks sad? Disappointed I think. "Nat, I can see that you like her and she likes you. That photo was just the proof of it so why don't you just make a move?"

She says it so sincerely that I want to believe her so much. Believe that Y/N likes me too, the part where I like Y/N I had already figured out.

"But she doesn't always tell the truth. I can see it in her eyes and when we have training. She hides something. What if she hides a bad thing? What if she is from hydra or- or- or the redroom!" I started to panic a bit because it could be true what I said. She doesn't talk anything about her past or anything to private.

"Okay okay calm down, we know that Y/N hasn't always told us the truth there is no secret in that. But we have also kept an eye on her when she was at SHIELD and she always did her best and was kind to others. So maybe she doesn't want to tell us more about her but that doesn't mean you can't give her any chances. You were just like her! You never told us anything about the redroom because you knew you would have been punished or killed there, so you didn't want to take any risks. You didn't show us what you could do in combat because that would show what you couldn't do. But whenever you could, you would grab a gun and try to kill us, you even killed a few agents. I mean, we haven't had it easy with you, you were one of the worst. But we never gave up, and see, now, you are my best friend and an avenger"

silence

I just look at her. She is right. It hurts. They have given me a chance and I gave Y/N none.

It still hurts.

"Nat?" Maria asks. "I am sorry I didn't mean to upset you in any way. Sorry" She looked sorry and didn't think about the fact that I wanted to forget as much as I could about how I treated them when I first came here.

"It's okay I deserved it. you are right I am sorry. Can we just stop this conversation?" She nods. "Wanna watch a movie then?" She was already going under the blankets and tapped with her hand at the place next to her so that I would join her.

We watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith but I didn't pay much attention to it and found myself always thinking of Y/N.

A/N; Hii thanks for reading, don't forget to vote. If you want to leave some ideas you always can. otherwise, I will just leave it up to my imagination. :)