Fairy Entertaining // Chapter One

Fenster Forest ... located on the outskirts of Minitropolis was one of the city's and regions prized and untouched areas. A sprawling landscape of lush trees and foliage, it was surprisingly never looking dreary or strained, like most vegetation trying to survive the unpredictable climates of the mid-west. No, the trees, flowers and even plush-like grass would retain their luster and quality the whole year around. In fact, if one didn't know any better, it was almost as if the field and forest were protected by some kind of magic ... but that's silly of course.

What wasn't silly was the ominous sound and movement that had been developing over the past few months and it was that very coming incursion that threatened the docile way of life in the forest forever. Large menacing bulldozers and machines would signal the dawn of a new era ... an industrialized era. Although a prospective construction project was only just beginning, a telling sign on a guardrail would tell everybody all they needed to know about the future tenant who planned to claim a piece of this cherished land as their own.

"FUTURE SITE OF ENORMO ENTERPRISES EASTERN DIVISION RESEARCH FACILITY"

------

Meanwhile, while one project was just getting started, another was reaching its conclusion, or at least part of it.

Joshua James would proudly show his friend Alexis Cole what he had been working on and Lexi would lean in with confused anticipation and a reaction that would be satisfactory to most and indicative of the pride she shared with her friend for this minor accomplishment of his.

"....what am I looking at?" Lexi asked, furrowing her brow with confusion.

What Lexi was looking at was indeed a website of Josh's own creation. While it was a competent design, it appeared akin to something one would see in the early 2000s when everybody was designing websites of their own. It had a flash banner going across the top that said "SHRINKGIRL : LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR SMALL"

"...liberty and justice for small?" Lexi asked inquisitively.

At that moment, Leah Henderson sprung into Josh's dorm room, the door having been left open a crack. She seemed very excited as she approached the two.

"Oh! Oh, did you show her yet?" Leah asked excitedly

"I'm showing her right now" Josh replied with a nod.

"This was your idea?" Lexi asked Leah with a skeptical stare

"We both kind of worked together on it" Josh answered

"And my next question is ... why?" Lexi groaned

"Oh cmon, every superhero needs their own website" Josh retorted

"Literally no superheroes need their own website ... what about my ... secret identity or whatever? Isn't that a thing?" the defensive Lexi asked

"Hon, no offense ... I love your costume, I do" Leah replied confidently, "heck I helped design it ... but ... you don't wear a mask"

"Yeah, if you really want to stay secret, you need to wear a mask" Josh nodded with agreement, just happening to have a tacky blue and red Lucha Libre mask laying around, "like this"

"There is no way in hell I'm wearing that" Lexi said as she crossed her arms and pouted.

"Alright, alright whatever, you party pooper, now look at the website, isn't it cool?" Leah remarked as Lexi skimmed it over.

"I mean, it's ... thorough, that's for sure ... what's that logo?" the curious Lexi asked, pointing to a sharp looking purple and gold "SG" logo. It had a nice noir style mixed with Gotham City vibes.