Fairy Entertaining // Chapter Ten

"So... I take it not every night here is this exciting..." Chris remarked, as the rebuilding efforts continued.

"Not exactly..." Spark sighed, rubbing the back of her head while siblings Lark and Mark would enter the scene, seeming relieved to see their sister in one piece

"There you are!" Lark smiled a bit, "and ... you brought more humans... lovely"

"Hey, this human" Spark sighed, "...THESE humans, they all helped us tonight whether you realize it or not ... this is Christophicles..."

Chris would let out an 'ahem'

"...Chris. This is the elemental wizard of legend who was prophesized to save the colony from great destruction and harm" Spark said, after her brief correction, stating the story with a certain noble showmanship.

"This is the great wizard?" Lark responded facetiously, tilting her head, "no offense, mister, but I always thought you'd be bigger in person"

"I am ... usually..." Chris shrugged, "not that I mind being this size ... I mean in my OWN world it would be ... very scary but at least here, everything is made for people your size ... shit, was that offensive? It sounded offensive now that I think about it but ..."

"Him and Mark will get along just fine..." Lark rolled her eyes, while simultaneously teasing the nervous Chris a bit.

"Hey, I'm Mark" Mark shrugged, adding to the conversation in what little way he knew how.

The group would stand there, still hashing things out while the DJ on stage slowly made their way back towards the microphone to announce that the music would start again shortly. This news brought great cheers from the crowd, and Spark too, that is, until she looked up briefly and could swear she caught a glimpse of an embattled Esmerelda from the highest window in the tower, staring down with disdain at Spark and the group of fairies, humans and one elf named Mara.

In the tower itself, Esmerelda retreated to a basement area just below her regular quarters. She'd head towards a dimly lit altar and place her hands on it, chanting a brief Fenstarian incantation before a small globe of light would manifest, showing the face of her correspondent, acting as a sort of mystical "zoom call"

On that other end was somebody who looked strangely not upset, nor pleased. This time it was Esmerelda who crossed her arms and bore an annoyed look.

"Okay ... so ... mistakes happen..." the gentleman on the other end would say, his voice a bit fuzzy since this wasn't exactly modern technology. Still, he was able to see the fairy communique via his own video screen on his end and could deduce her anger almost immediately.

"Mistakes?" Esmerelda snapped, "Your ... ROBOTS ... were to go nowhere near the colony! I have wounded civilians, damaged property and..."

"and I have the hurt feelings..." the man mockingly responded. "I am most sorry for whatever happened but you knew the cost of doing business with ... well, big business"

Esmerelda sighed in resignation, realizing the man had a point. Even if that man were none other than eccentric mad scientist extraordinaire, Dr. Maximillian E. Mumford

"I do wish you hadn't trashed my machines so careless though..." the forlorn Dr. Max added

"I didn't do anything" Esmerelda sighed, standing back a bit, although still showing a touch of resentment, "you can thank that ... that HUMAN and some of my fairies, also ... since when can humans shrink to fairy size? Is she an elf?"

"She is not the elf..." Max sighed, shaking his head, "She is a MENACE! Named Lexi ... something or other... last name doesn't matter but she is a menace all the same ... and if you have her in your care right now, I insist you lock her up and throw away the key so fast that ..."