Fairy Entertaining // Chapter Four

Two things were certainly for sure as Leah leaned the side of her face against her hand, elbow rested firmly on the lightly matted play table. The Crazy Jester was indeed a premier location for gamers of all kinds to gather. It was the kind of store you'd find in the corner of a mall ; not exactly extravagant but a certain attention to detail made it charming with its bright blues, greens and grays adorning the walls. Behind glass cases would exist rare special edition trading cards and under glass display cubes would dwell highly detailed figures of fantastical creatures such as dragons, paladins and more.

The other thing that was all but certain was Leah's interest in Dungeons and Dragons was dwindling as fast as her best friend could shrink herself.

"So ... I roll a 3..." Josh narrated, advancing his porcelain figure, a pretty well made red and silver model that looked like a medieval-ish character featuring a mix of superhero elements. It honestly wasn't all that surprising given Josh's fasincation with both subjects. "And ... shoot, I do not hit the dragon"

"I gotta be honest with ya..." Chris chimed in, simply watching as Josh and a few others were in the main group of DnD players, with Leah and himself as bystanders, "I just don't get it"

"Right?" Leah tsked,

"Oh I mean I GET it but ... I just don't get why anyone would wanna play it" Chris commented, perhaps a bit too loud as a few of the DnD gamers looked miffed as they peered over, "um... as you were, my bad..."

Leah stifled a giggle as Lexi came strolling back into the store.

"Oh, there you are!" Leah giggled, suddenly coming to life a bit more now, "Where did you go anyway?"

"Um... I took a very long bathroom break" Lexi lied, shrugging her shoulders as she sat down next to Chris, "so what did I miss?"

"Not much" Leah sighed, confused and bored

"Well Josh just stormed the dark citadel fortress with a level 7 orc-mage but got sent retreating by a level 8 dragon with equipped sapphire armor..." Chris explained, as Leah just stared at him, her eyes rolling towards the back of her head.

"...and I thought you weren't paying attention" Leah teased, eliciting a guilty look from the sheepish Chris.

Upon seeing Lexi re-enter another set of eyes was also re-engaged in things but in another direction. Those eyes belonged to Joshua James as he hastily wrapped up his D&D session in favor of talking to his friend, Lexi, subtlely pulling her to the side. She'd lean in with some interest, wanting to hear about this prospective hit on her website.

"So, you mean to tell me ..." Lexi whispered, lowering her voice as she leaned in, "...somebody actually took the website seriously?"

"Well of course they did..." Josh nodded, also whispering now, and neglecting to notice a third party joining their private pow-wow. "it's a very well made website too, I'll have you know"

"Why are we whispering?" Leah interjected, being the aforementioned third party to join the growing huddle, "are we sharing secrets? I wanna know..."

"Leah!" Lexi leapt out of character for a moment, almost wanting to playfully smack her best friend on the back of her cute head, "We're just ... talking"

"If you're just talking then why so secretive?" Leah remarked

"Honestly, I'm not really sure..." Josh shrugged as all 3 of them proceeded towards the exit.

It didn't completely elude the attention of Chris though, who noticed them all departing together, the most curious of all being Josh who seemed to be invested in the game not that long ago. He decided to look elsewhere for the moment but one thing was for sure, the meeting of Lexi and Leah, plus Josh, definitely left an impact on him.