Fairy Entertaining // Chapter Five

"And I keep telling you Tinkerbell isn't real..." Spark sighs, leading the inquisitive young Alexis Cole into their house, a place that looked to be even more and truly out of a fairy tale, built inside a hollowed out tree stump, but adorned with many modern and even human appearing features. Still, as the group toured the dwelling of Spark, Lark & Mark, it didn't take Lexi too long to notice that sister Lark was wearing dark green and had long blonde hair to match.

"Of course, of course, you don't want me to know ..." Lexi would smile smugly, before pointing out her observations, "plus Lark ... if that is your real name ..."

"...No I'm not her..." Lark sighed, "everybody LOVED to compare me to her in grade school because I like the color green and I have blonde hair ... as if that's the ONLY fairy to have ever existed"

"and she didn't even really exist!" Spark sighed, "I swear, that danged Disney movie has been the bane of our existence..."

Mark gave Lexi a bit of a look of discomfort, non-verbally urging her to drop the topic.

"Heh ... sorry" Lexi shook her head, trying to regain some of that "superhero" composure she was shooting for. After all, she was to be the ... fairy savior! Fairy Guardian? Friend of the Fairies? Surely some of this might have looked good on a future resume.

"Can I just say?" the enthusiastic Spark commented. She seemed to be the most similar to Lexi of the 3 fairies, "I LOVE your boots ... the purple is just ... wow! Like it pops, but it's not tacky or anything"

"Th-Thanks" Lexi nodded, "I love purple, maybe I can recommend some to you ... do they have a mall in the uh ... fairy colony? My apologies, I don't know too much about all this, I'm still new to the idea of shrinking"

"How long you been doing that??" Lark asked

"Hmmm, not even a year now... started 6 months ago with this weird science experiment gone wrong..." Lexi explained, "the whole thing is honestly kind of a blessing and a curse ... I mean, it scares me sometimes ... I ... I ..."

Oh no, not here ... Lexi thought to herself, beginning to momentarily feeling dizzy, she'd grab for a chair she saw in the distance but fall just short of it, slumping herself up to try to grab onto the chair leg and get up. Spark and Lark would help her up while Mark just watched on in a bit of shock.

"Whoa whoa, ShrinkGirl..." Spark whimpered, helping her to a sitting position as Lexi's vision and orientation slowly returned, "You okay there, hon?"

"It could be the sudden introduction of fairy magic into her system from being around us..." Mark suggested

"Or maybe she needs some water..." Lark added, before turning to Mark, "Mark, get her some water"

Mark grumbled while he went off to do so.

Lexi on the other hand knew it may be more serious than that. She had tried to keep it to herself, but she was getting more and more of those dizzy spells lately. It could be a result of her shrinking powers or maybe something else. Perhaps she just needed more sleep or something. Either way she shook her head, briefly putting her hand on Spark's ruby colored bracelet and patting it to say thanks

"Th-Thanks hon... and you guys can call me ... L-Lexi..." the tired girl stuttered, "I'm not gonna hide anything from ya ... after all, you've been kind enough to take me into your homes and all..."

Spark gave her a kindhearted smile and Lark even nodded a bit, coming around on the newcomer human who could just happen to adapt her size to theirs. In short time, Mark returned with the water and offered it to Lexi in what appeared to be a leaf all wrapped up into the shape of a cup. It was surprisingly sturdy enough to hold the water without wilting or dripping under the weight of it.