Fairy Entertaining // Chapter Two

"Ugh I feel like such a dork..." the distraught Lexi sighed, her head buried in her hands, which were partially clothed by a long sleeve sweatshirt with slightly too long arms, she hugged said face to try to hide her apparent embarrassment while she recalled the events from earlier with her best friend Leah while visiting her dorm room.

"Oh cmon, we all chicken out sometimes" Leah blushed, putting an arm around Lexi to comfort her

"Yeah but how many of us shrink when we do it?" Lexi sighed

"Okay I have to admit, that is kinda cute ... like one of those comic strips when the guy sees the cute girl and like shrinks out of nervousness ... except, that is of course just a silly comic and this is real life, and you're not a guy, so hey, you got that going for you" Leah smiles nervously, sincerely hoping her attempt to cheer up Lexi was a success. Lexi's deadpan look back in her direction would suggest otherwise.

"It's okay..." Lexi shook her head, trying to produce a smile which would eventually arrive on her face, "Maybe it's just a sign that I'm not meant to ask her out ... yknow? I mean she's a great friend and ..."

"Oh bullshit!" a skeptical Leah would scoff, "You like her... I think you should go for it, even if it's just to ask her to the dance, what do you have to lose?"

Lexi would blush and kind of nod in agreement, "Okay okay, you're right ..."

Lexi would then get up, getting her bags together which she had brought to Leah's in anticipation of her next run of classes. At this point in time, it was the young brunette's second semester at Miniborough University and she generally had the hang of things down, almost enjoying the hectic flow that came along with rushing off to work, stopping at Leah's, going to classes, stopping to hang with Josh and so on. She unfortunately would stay away from the cheer squad, as much as she liked many of the girls on the team. Her and cheer captain, Gloria Graff didn't exactly get along, although it wasn't too hard to figure out why that might be.

"Off to Philosophy class?" Leah asked, with a nod

"Yeah ... honestly, if we weren't so far into the semester, I would opt out ... it's not a bad class, and the professor seems pretty invested in it but ... I don't know" a befuddled Lexi shrugged, "I just don't get it ... I mean, when you really think about it .. what IS Philosophy"

Leah gave her a goofy grin in return and rolled her eyes, "Why'd you even take it then?"

"I don't know..." a disheveled Lexi replied, "I needed an extra course"

"You should've taken home ec with me" Leah beamed proudly

"Eh, you know me in the kitchen, I'm not exactly a master baker" Lexi said

"Hey, we do more than bake stuff, we also look at ... yeah okay, we pretty much just bake stuff" a sheepish Leah Henderson responded. "well... if you get out of your class early enough, I'm thinking of going down to the Crazy Jester down the road"

"You mean that new card shop?" Lexi asked, tilting her head, "You hate that kinda stuff, I thought?"

"Eh, I might try that Dangles and Dongles game or something" Leah shrugged

"You mean ... Dungeons and Dragons?" a bubbly Lexi giggled, beginning to regain her usual composure while she prepared to take her leave from the dorm room.

"Yeah that" Leah nodded

"Josh dragged you along?" Lexi interjected almost immediately

"Eh, it wouldn't be the worst thing to try something new and besides, maybe there'll be some cute boys there" Leah replied with a shrug