Fairy Entertaining // Chapter Six

"H-Heh ... maybe don't make deals you can't keep, Lexi... no offense" the sheepish Leah said while counseling her best friend who had visited her dorm room the following day after visiting the fairy colony. Of course, as was tradition, Lexi told Leah everything ... well especially now in the aftermath of her best friend finding out she was a superheroine. That still didn't stop the slightly disgruntled Lexi from giving her a snarky look

"I can do it ... I can ask her out ... I'm just gonna ask if she wants to go to the Valentine's Day Dance with me" Lexi reasserted, trying to appear firm and confident while her body language showed some apparent signs of wavering. Leah, detecting this, could only shake her head in wonderment.

"I just don't get it, Lex" Leah sighed, "You're the strongest person I know, for real"

Lexi would pause briefly to smile

"You can ask a cute girl on a date, I've seen you do it before!" Leah reminded

"I... I guess but most of those were just joking around or flirting or whatever..." Lexi recalled, "I don't even know if Chrissy ... yknow... goes that way..."

"Look ... I ... I get it..." Leah nodded, putting her hand on her best friends for a touch of comfort, "I mean... maybe I don't completely but I do get being nervous around somebody and the warm fuzzies..."

"The warm fuzzies?" Lexi chuckled, almost snorting as she did so.

"Oh cmon, now YOU'RE going to tease me? I'm trying to help you!" Leah shrugged

At that moment came a knock on the door

"Hello?" Leah asked

"It's Josh"

"Come in" Leah responded, summoning the aforementioned Josh James into the room who looked interested in talking for a number of reasons but his first question would of course be something most friends were accustomed to hearing from their friends upon being visited by them.

"So, how did it go?" Josh asked, "how was the fairy battle?"

"The ... fairy battle?" Lexi asked, a raised eyebrow of skepticism contrasting with her goofy grin as she even pictured the concept in her own mind.

"Yeah... sorry I missed it ... was ... doing stuff..." Josh stammered, getting a bit of a stern look from Leah. "But I wanted to know how it went, your first official call as a superhero... did you have to fight some kind of giant bug? Stop an evil fairy from taking over?"

"No and no...." Lexi shrugged, "but I did get confirmation that fairies are real"

"And from what Lex tells me, they dress FANTASTICALLY!" Leah giggled, one of her takeaways from Lexi's telling of the story.

"Oh my god, for real though, this girl Spark, super nice by the way, wore such a smoking outfit, like it was bright red, with gold trim on it, but it wasn't overdone? It's hard to explain it ... I almost wanna go to that Valentine's Festival thing just to see what outfit she's going to try next ... but they were ALL amazingly dressed"

"Valentine's Festival?" Josh asked, also seeming a bit on edge himself after hearing that

"Yeah, Lex said they do some kind of Valentine's thing in their colony... kind of like we do" Leah nodded, "I always said the fairy folk weren't too different from you and I ... just a bit smaller is all"

"Psh, you didn't think they existed either, don't lie" Lexi scoffed

"Yeah? And remember all those times we'd play 'house' as kids? Except instead of a family, we'd be a fairy family?" Leah asked