Fairy Entertaining // Chapter Seven

Lexi frowned while the duo walked through the serene woods on that mild February night. The breeze was calm and welcoming as a cascading stream of cherry blossoms passed them by. Lexi had on a variation of her "ShrinkGirl" costume, made to look more like a dress with it cut off on the sleeve, shimmering purple with her purple boots. Leah was dressed in a tasteful shade of orange, in a dress that wrapped around her body with elegant ruffled patterns, wearing orange heels to match, her light purple purse tagging along for the ride as it draped over her shoulder, sealed fairly tight with a gold buckle.

"Leah ... I'm not sure this was the best idea..." Lexi sighed, a slight shiver coming about her, as maybe it may not have been the best idea to go out in the 50 degree or so weather in a tight dress.

"It was your idea!" Leah scoffed with a giggle, as the two friends made their way across the lush greenlands of Fenster Forest en route to perhaps the strangest party they'd ever been to. Perhaps? That's pretty much a given that it would be.

"I know ... I just ... I don't know..." Lexi sighed, now smiling but it was a bit of a pensive one, she looked down at her own hands as they fidgeted. "I got the impression the fairies were pretty secretive about this and bringing a plus one may ..."

"Huh, so now I'm just a plus one?" Leah scoffed in mock offense, "I'm your best friend!"

"Yes! Yes!" Lexi giggled, quickly realizing her mistake, "and might I say that dress is just FABULOUS! You are killing it, girl!"

"You're stalling, Lex" Leah raised a brow, always quick to notice, "Look... if you really didn't want me to come..."

"Leah, you know that's not true" Lexi shook her head, looking a bit worried that Leah would even think that, she'd quickly seize her best friends shoulders to keep her from turning away completely, "Actually um ... I'm lost."

Leah would suddenly dropped her raised eyebrow and give her a flat look "You're what?"

"I'm lost" Lexi shrugged, giving a dopey smile, "It's a big forest, Leah ... I mean do you remember every square inch of this place?"

"You are so full of it!" Leah giggled, "you know where it is..."

"Don't you remember our vacation to Wisconsin?" Lexi smirked, looking around as nerves were beginning to take over as well. She honestly didn't remember the exact location of the colony, only that it bordered the lake, but she had been looking for the trail of fireflies to show the way and they weren't appearing.

"We had to stop and ask for directions like 20 times..." Leah sighed, finally realizing her best friend wasn't pulling her leg and they were truly screwed when it came to navigation. "W-Well, never a bad night for a walk in the ... what was that?!?"

Leah almost jumped as something flew out from a bush, fading into the night sky.

"I think it was a bird, Leah, no worries" Lexi chuckled nervously, the sudden flighty creature also scaring her a bit but it did buy her some more time to explore another dirt path which she would take Leah towards.

It is too bad she didn't take more time to really examine that "bird" though. It was something a bit more than an average avarian. Rather it hung several hundred feet in the air, and what could maybe be mistaken for an eye at quick glance was more of a headlight. More on that later...

Back on the surface, dressed up best friends Lexi and Leah were on their way to the grand Valentine's Day Festival. It was truly the stuff of fairy tales. Now all that was missing was ... well ... the fairies.

Leah would shrug as the two continued their stroll through the forest, the trees and fauna eventually receding as they reached the lake.

"I don't care how this night turns out, yknow why?" Leah asked, "It's just you and I ... hanging out ... it's been a while, yknow?"