Fairy Entertaining // Chapter Nine

As the three menacing bladed fierce metal monsters descended on the colony, everything ran amuk. The citizens took cover, Leah ducked behind Spark who looked both befuddled and upset at this sudden occurrence. Daniella, the fairy warrior predictably drew out her sword to battle this new threat. And Mark? Well, he was off cowering somewhere as usual.

Lexi clung to Mara a bit and shook her head

"You son of a bitch ..." Lexi growled as the blades drew closer, protruding from the orb shaped body of the drone as it approached. "You can take me, but you'll never take ..."

Lexi then glanced over to notice her arms were vacant. Where Mara rested just previously was now an empty spot. "Huh?"

To her shock (although the list of things that shocked her seemed to shrink faster than she did by the day) she'd look up and see her toga-clad companion proudly standing atop the robot as if it were a tabletop at a night club, tapping her sandaled feet with glee on its smooth surface.

"Ah, ye didn't know Mara had tricks, eh, lassie?" Mara winked

"D-Did you just become a leprecaun?" Lexi asked, confused as she stifled a giggle, watching Mara fearlessly atop the floating drone

"Aye, tis just a thing, I think..." Mara responded, her Irish accent deteriorating by the moment although she seemed oddly safe where she was, as long as her feet, torso and rest of her small body stayed clear of the blades. Even at normal size, these things would be a pain to deal with since they were basically flying saucers with buzzsaws on their circumferences.

"So you can teleport, huh?" Lexi asked, still backing away as the other 2 drones were beginning to flank her and the others. "Anything else?"

"I make a mean appletini" Mara winked, her accent all but gone, but so was her balance as she yelped, falling on her butt due to the robots sudden movement. Lexi would let out a squeaky scream as she watched her friend plummet towards those murderous blades but she'd thankfully teleport back to ground level, looking strangely calm for a woman who just stared death in the eye.

"Miss me, luv?" Mara asked with a smile before looking more serious, "is this the uh ... science freak you mentioned?"

"Kind of ..." Lexi sighed, "he thinks he's such a big shot but he rarely comes to face me by himself ... seems he prefers to send clunky looking robots after me..."

To Lexi's surprise though, despite the blades the robots weren't going all out on the offensive. Instead, she'd see green lasers scoping out the area, as if to lay out some kind of virtual map. They'd hover around, sending shrieks of terror through the fluid crowd as it moved away from their path. Whether they were meant to intimidate or not, they had to go. Plus, scrapping Mad Max's toys was quickly becoming a hobby for the rambunctious young Alexis Cole.

However, she'd take a glance across the way to see Leah and Spark taking a sprint towards what they hoped would be safety in the form of Spark's tree stump shaped home where the drone robot was dipping dangerously close to chopping the small abode down. Spark would back away and lift a small forcefield of sparks from her fingertips as an effort to hold the drone off. The advancing robot would get ensnared in the grid of sparkles like a butterfly trapped in a net but it pushed hard, its thrusters threatening to break the spell.

"Will that hold?" Leah asked, worried

"I ... don't know" Spark shook her head.

Thankfully, a battle ready Dani leapt from a lower vantage point, her legs firmly planted to give her a decent enough lift so that she jumped high into the air, her own wings also aiding in propelling her to the heights required to come crashing down on the drone's metallic surface, serving up some steel of her own in the form of her long fairys dagger which pierced the drones surface. The disabled drone would begin to turn on its side as if it were a capsizing boat as Dani continued to drive the dagger in. Spark took this opportunity to gently cast the drone downward before any harm could befall her house.