Familiar Sensation Pt. 2

I tried like hell to get out of the ropes. I just wanted to run and hide forever. The sun was rising and it wouldn't be long before the typical morning traffic would drive by. I'm no longer feeling as turned on as I was last night.

    The front door opened and I heard footsteps approach me. I was hoping to see Miss, she always calmed me down. But it was the guy from last night.

   Now that I was sober, I knew my mind wasn't fucking me. It was my husband. It was really him.

    He cut the ropes and caught me right before I hit the ground. He covered me in a warm throw blanket and I curled up into him and started balling.

    Not only because of how humiliated I was, but also because I missed him so much.

    "Hey, it's okay." "Calm down." He said. He smoothed my hair back and held me.

    "I-I thought y-y-you were dead, K-Kevin!" I stuttered while whining. Tears streamed down my face and I didn't even try to catch them. I wrapped my arms around him as tightly as I could.

    "Why would you think that?" He asked.

   I looked at him in slight disbelief, still believing I was hallucinating.

    "Two officers showed up at our door." "They gave me your uniform and your medals." "They kept saying how sorry they were and that you would be given the proper funeral." I explained between sobs.

    I was definitely ugly crying right now.

   He wiped my tears away and just looked at me. His permanent sad blue eyes were heavy and tired. He shook his head and pulled me in closer.

   "Baby, I'm not dead." "I assure you I'm right here." He said.

    "You swear you're not a ghost?" I asked him.

   "I promise." He whispered.

    "Then why did they say you were?" I asked.

    "I don't know." He sighed.

   "Sometimes, the army has a way of playing cruel tricks on people." He explained.

    "I was left on the battlefield." "It took me months to find my way back home." "But I'm here." He told me.

    "Are you mad?" I looked up at him.

   "Why would I be mad?" "Of course I'm angry they left me." He said. He had a puzzled look on his face.

    "About Walter and Miss." I said.

    "Hun, you thought I was dead for a whole year." "I don't blame you for wanting the companionship." "Besides, from what I saw last night, you've been keeping yourself occupied, and they've been treating you good."

    "Have you been coping well?" "Because it didn't seem that way." He said, slightly laughing at me.

    "I've coped." I said. He gave me a smirk and his typical eye roll. He's the only person who could ever read right through me.

"Okay baby." "Whatever you say." He smiled.

I remembered last night and started balling again.

He told me to calm down and he held me tighter.

"Let's get you inside and cleaned up." "You're a mess." He said. He picked me up and carried me bridal style into the house.