Home With You

~~~~~~~

It was creeping on six o'clock in the evening. Kevin and I were snuggled up in our bed together. Our clothes were on the floor all over the house. Once again, our air conditioning wasn't working so it was hot and humid.

We lied together with our radio blaring loud music.  The Used was one of Kevin's favorite bands.

The dark blanket over the window dimmed the room. Thin yellow fairy lights dangled along the walls. Illuminating our pictures together.

I inhaled the smell of his heavy cologne. The smell of wood and salt water. He projected heat that warmed me up almost, nostalgically. I felt so at home with him. I missed him so much.

"Babe." He whispered. He circled the back of my shoulder with his thumb. I looked up at his sparkling blue eyes. They were glossy from the marijuana smoke clouding the room. He passed me the blunt and sat up, leaning against the wall.

"Yes?" I sat up beside him and took a few drags, giving him my full attention.

"When I was gone, how long did you wait?" He asked me.

"Wait for what?" I asked.

"That couple.." he said.

"Oh!" "Actually, I wasn't planning on moving on for a while." I said honestly.

"I was walking like I do, and next thing I knew it was dark and I woke up in their basement." I explained.

"Oh, so, they kidnapped you?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"And you didn't even try to escape?" He finished.

"I thought about it." I shrugged.

"I was still getting over the news I got about you." "I figured why fight it, it's not like I had someone to escape and go home to." "I was lonely and mourning Kevin, and they, strangely, made me feel better." I explained.

He nodded and ran his hands through his sweaty hair. He wiped sweat off his face and stared at me. I passed him the blunt and looked at him. A small grin slid onto his face as he hit it.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I smiled. I leaned on his shoulder and closed my eyes. He reached over and put the roach on the side table and turned over, facing me. He put his hand on my side and slid it down my waist, gripping my hips and pulling me closer to him. I didn't think we could get any closer.

I was very wrong.

Before I could say or do anything he had rolled on top of me and hovered above, staring down at me.

I hid my face, knowing I was blushing. He took my hands and pinned them down to the bed above my shoulders. I couldn't do anything but stare into his beautiful lowly soul. He was more charming than I remember. Who knew I couldn't last a whole year without him.

He leaned in and kissed me. Not easily either.

    "You wanna order a pizza?" He stopped and looked me dead in the eye. He slightly shrugged and grinned at me. I rolled my eyes and stared at him.

    "What kind?" I asked him. I already knew though what he wanted.

    "Just order it." He got up and walked over to the radio.

    I turned over and called in an order for a medium deep cheese pizza. I'm not gonna lie it sounds so good actually. I tossed my phone on the table and sat up. I reached for my T-shirt on the ground when Kevin pushed me back into the bed. I gave him a 'what the fuck' kind of look and he just smiled as he continued to get dressed.