Chapter 3

The next day went very awkwardly. I did dress extremely differently than Lilian did. She was dressed in a sparkling, bright green gown.

I wore a dark blue outfit that was like a starry night. Lucas came to escort us to the ball. Lilian sat beside me in the carriage while he rode outside on his horse.

The prince rode high beneath the cerulean sky on a horse with an ebony coat that shimmered in the filtered sunlight coming through the trees.

Throughout the whole journey, I was quiet while Lilian was the one talking.

Thanks to her, I zoned out deeply.

I was staring out the window at the trees glistening in the sunlight. I never would have seen it if I had never come here. The brilliant glow of the trees appears to be an illusionist work of art.

"Evory... Evory!" I flinched at Lilian's voice. She gives me a worried look. "Are you okay?" she asks. I give her a smile. I'm glad I have a cute sister like Lilian. She looks so adorable right now that I want to pinch her cheeks. Well, I have the rights, don't I?

I lightly pinch her cheeks with my fingers. "How can anything happen to me while you are here?" I say. Naturally, she is the cause of my careless zoning out. She grips my hand while pouting. "I don't always understand you. "Whether you are happy or upset," she says.

How can I be happy when everything I do is important to me? One wrong move could cost me my life.

The gate of the carriage opens. Lucas extended his hand for me to get down. There are a lot of eyes watching us. I take his hand and descend.

I turn to look at Lilian, who is about to descend. Ah, I just had a thought. This is my opportunity to showcase our sisterhood. Lucas, I apologize for stealing your time with her.

I reached out my hand to assist her in descending. When Lucas sees my hand, he withdraws. Lilian beams broadly at me. She rises while holding my hand. I can hear some people praising us already. However, that one compliment gave me butterflies. "Oh my goodness, get yourself a man like Lady Evory."

Damn, Alexa, play I can be a better boyfriend than him. However, we are in the Middle Ages. There is no device here. I chuckle to myself. Lilian chuckles along with me.

Lucas reached out and held out his arm for me. Faking a graceful smile, I accepted his gesture, and we began our stately procession towards the ballroom. People around us seem to express their awe at seeing us. 

As we made our way through the crowd, whispers of admiration and envy filled the air. As we enter, the room seems to brighten with excitement. The crowd parts to make way for us, and I can't help but feel a surge of confidence. It's been a while since I attended any kind of event.

 The sound of music fills the room, and I can't help but be swept away by the enchanting atmosphere. The chandeliers overhead cast a warm glow, adding to the magical ambiance.

After accompanying me to the ball, Lucas starts introducing himself to the other princes. I seize the chance and flee from his line of sight.

Here's where things get really intense. Everyone is drinking, dancing, or chatting while holding a flyer in their hand. The atmosphere is electric with excitement and anticipation. The room is filled with laughter and the sound of clinking glasses, creating a vibrant and lively ambiance. People are dressed in elegant attire, adding to the magnificence of the occasion. 

I can't help but feel a mixture of awe and nervousness as I navigate through the crowd, trying to blend in unnoticed. As I wander, I catch glimpses of couples twirling gracefully on the dance floor, their movements synchronised with the enchanting melody.