Chapter 7

I decided to learn more magic. I thus spent most of my time in my room. As I spend more time in my room, nobody seemed to be concerned. I experimented with different elemental spells. I could, however, manage a couple.

If the lady merchant's claims are verified-apart from the part about the wind element-then it stands to reason that I could be able to control any water-related entity, including wind. Since wind is a different kind of water,

How much luck did Evory have, my goodness? She never used these in the novel. She had no idea she was capable of this. It was as if a great miracle were granted to Evory, granting her abilities she never knew she possessed. It got me thinking about any other undiscovered skills she might possess.

But how could she not know, she wasn't that dense. When she went to the dark Castle to get help from dark element king before her death. He rejected her, telling her that she was more than capable, and he banned her from entering the castle because he believed she might hurt them. He was aware of her greatness, then? Well, that's something only dark elements can know so.. But she tried to get help from others instead of trying herself. Perhaps that is why she was unaware. foolish girl.

That is something I would rather not share. Especially from the Empress. The wind element known as the Empress had the ability to govern all things wind-related. She was considered the great holy wind element. Perhaps Evory inherited that trait from her mother. However, genetics does not determine these. It's a gift given and chosen by God. It could be that Evory was chosen because she was her child.

And those foolish things made Evory envious? For real? Despite possessing these abilities? Considering her own extraordinary talent, Evory's jealousy seemed out of place. It is disheartening to see her focus on trivial matters instead of embracing her unique gifts. I'm disappointed in Evory at this point.

There are four more suitors who remain to be revealed, as long as I arrive.

Lilian will meet two suitors on Evory's birthday and another two at the hunting competition. Evory's birthday is a month away. That implies that the day of Evory's doom is drawing nearer. I have to now act the cunning part.

First, call off the engagement before Evory turns 18. But The Empress wouldn't agree Unless It's the Prince Lucas who breaks it off. I do not care though; if I break it off first, I will win Evory's self respect.

Here goes nothing. "I am heading to meet Prince Lucas; get a carriage ready."

My ecstatic maid leaps up and exclaims, "You will be meeting his highness for the first time in your life." Would you like me to prepare you beautifully?"

"No, prepare the carriage right now," I say in a stern voice. She nods, disappointed, and walks out.

I am feeling a little bit anxious and determined at the same time. I have no desire to meet him, but meeting Prince Lucas is a crucial step in my plan to break off the engagement and secure Evory's pride. I have to leave him with a lasting impression.

I would better not get involved with those maids' makeovers.

If I am going to break my fiancé's fake heart, I might as well dress like one. I quickly enter my room and begin choosing the most elegant and captivating gown from my wardrobe. The dress must exude confidence and sophistication, as it will be my armour during this encounter with Prince Lucas. Well, I went with denim for my color.

----

He came to greet me as I was waiting in the garden. I gave him a courteous greeting as well. We set off on a stroll together. He waited silently for a few minutes before deciding to end it.