Chapter 6

Noah talked to us informally, assuming people might suspect us if he spoke in a formal tone.

Knowing his personality, I knew he lied and was having fun by teasing us. Noah's playful nature often led him to adopt a more casual demeanour. His lightheartedness sometimes caused misunderstandings, like the time we almost ran into a camel on the way, unsure if he was joking or not.

Noah is pretty witty. He loves to take advantage of situations and tease people. He is quite the unserious type.

But in war, he turns exactly the opposite. He transforms into a focused and determined person. His playful nature is replaced by a serious and strategic mindset, allowing him to make quick decisions and lead with authority. Maybe that's the spirit Element. not to mention his spirit element is a wolf.

Although Lilian and Noah seem to have similar energies, Noah enjoyed making fun of me because I am unpredictable and distant. He seems to enjoy unexpected things, as far as I can tell. He must be a year older than me, if I am not mistaken. However, his demeanour towards us really made me feel like he is a older brother to us. Unlike the brothers I had, Who had fun in bullying my existence.

Time went by, and we returned to the palace. Lilian went to her dear mother to spill all the fun we had, cutting off some things that might anger her mother. She is really a mama's girl. And I went in my room to freshen up and get some sleep.

I have been staring outside the window for how long? I don't remember.

According to the novel,

Evory's birthday is one month away, Before that event, Evory used local bandits and kidnapped Lilian to harm her, but failed as Lilian got saved by Noah.

As I witnessed the scenery a few days ago at the ball, if certain things are really bound to happen, then there's a high chance Lilian will experience all of the harm if not by Evory but by someone else. I have to stick with Lilian from now on. Last time, I took my eyes off for a second, and something happened to her. I can't afford to make the same mistake again.

Poisoning and attempts to kill Lilian were Evory's regular deeds in the novel. Despite the danger, Lilian always managed to escape unharmed with the help of her loyal suitors.

"Hey, Evory.."

As I was lost in my deep thoughts, I heard a familiar voice. When I turn around, I see that it's none other than Lilian.

"If you're not occupied with anything..."

"Nope, come and sit." I patted the bed beside me. She smiles and sits. As Lilian sits down, I couldn't help but notice a hint of happiness in her eyes. It felt good to see her looking content.

I feel relieved whenever she is happy, which tells me that I'll be safe and alive for a while.

She glances over the book in my hand. "You're reading... Err about dark elements?" she asks hastately. "It's just something I picked up out of curiosity," I replied with a shrug. "I haven't really gotten into it yet, but it seems interesting." Lilian nodded, her curiosity evident as she leaned in closer to get a better look at the book.

"Yeah, they seemed very obscure." She says. Seeing her hasitant expression, I ask, "Why?"

"They are cursed", she adds as she casts a quick glance in my way. I furrow my brow, intrigued by her explanation. "Cursed? How did that happen?" I ask, leaning in closer to hear her response.

Lilian takes a deep breath before continuing, her voice filled with a mix of fascination and caution. "Legend has it that they had great strength and goodness, yet they became wicked and oppressed the weakest elements of society. They were cursed as a result. It was said to be a reminder of the consequences of abusing such immense power. In fact, I don't know how many of them are alive, but people get terrified at their mention," she says.