Chapter 9

As I get inside, my eyes scan the darkness for any sign of movement. The only thing I could see was my eyes glowing in the dark. Due to my inability to see anything else, I become irritated. I sway both my hands in the sides throwing many Ice spikes, I turn to look around and see the ice spikes glowing. The cage quickly becomes sufficiently illuminated for us to see.

The knights follow me into the cage shortly after that, following me from behind. As they take in the scene in front of them, their eyes sparkle with curiosity. "That is a trait of the moon element; there might be more danger inside, Lady Evory," remarks Noah as he approaches me and casts a suspicious glance at those ice spikes.

Based on his tone of voice, I believe he is unaware that I am the one who carried out this action. moon's trait? Seriously, the extinct element? Does that imply that elements of water are incapable of doing it?

I give Noah a quick look before entering.

I can not help but feel fear seeping into my body as I move deeper into the cage. Just then, the huge pressure of the wind forces us to step back. The knights become tense and summon their element, prepared to attack at any time. I scan my surroundings, trying to pinpoint the cause of the unexpected wind pressure. It becomes clear that it's not just any wind - it carries a distinct scent of saltwater. Furthermore, the wind is warm. I immediately recognize the shift.

"Storm, a storm is heading this way." I warn everyone. The other knights exchange concerned glances. A knight stands before us, casting a shield spell. A few seconds later, a strong storm crashes against us. To reinforce the shield, a second knight joins.

There is a powerful storm. It is a wind element. The breeze is salty and warm. They are fire, water, and wind, if I am not mistaken. There must be at least three people.

"When I give the signal, evacuate the shield." I say.

"But Lady Evory..."

"Trust me," I say with firm assurance.

The warm wind wraps around us, as if it were enclosing us in an invisible cage. The wind howls and whips our hair, making it hard to hear anything else. The salty presence disappears. I know very well their next move.

The shield is made to absorb the opponent's magic. Because the shield has already absorbed enough of their energy, if they cast fire now, it could burn all of us inside.

"If they flow fire at this rate, we could get burned." I say. Nervousness flows into the knights as they try to steady the shield. The storm was technically a trap for us not to recognize their next move.

I quickly glance at the knights, their eyes filled with uncertainty. "We must stay calm and focused," I tell them, my voice steady despite the rising tension. "If we remove the shield at the right time, we can redirect their fire back at them, which will benefit us."

"If we remove the shield at the right time, we can redirect their fire back at them, which will benefit us."

I sense the temperature rising around us.

"When I say, Evacuate the shield and get down," I say it with confidence.

"Lord Evory, pardon me, did you just say get down?" The knight next to me remarks.

"Now!" They panic at my sudden command. They evacuate the shield and get down. I stand there and a strong, cold wind full of droplets of water blasts out of me. Just when the fire flames come in contact with the wave, it dies out. Huff, it worked.

"Well, they are pretty good." I chuckle as I say it.

"Excuse my rudeness, but, lady Evory, please don't laugh. It feels scary." Says one of the knights next to me.