Chapter 5: Reckless Trio

"Hey guys!" called out Raven, her voice filled with excitement. The trio had become inseparable in the few months since the library incident. Raven couldn't resist teasing El, who was seated next to Thai. "I heard you'll be dueling Lucian tomorrow!"

Thai chimed in, sporting a mischievous grin. "Oh, my man is gonna beat that guy to a pulp!"

El chuckled, his confidence shining through. "Well, it's not going to be a sigbin ride, you know."

With only a few weeks left until the end of the second semester, anticipation for the upcoming duel exam was growing. Lucian, the son of a noble, had set his sights on challenging El.

"You know, after the duel exam tomorrow, I should treat myself to a vacation," Thai sighed, his frustration evident.

Raven leaned in, sharing some exciting gossip she'd heard. "I heard you're going to be on par with that guy specializing in dual swords."

El nodded, acknowledging the tough competition. "Yeah, and he wields a double mace."

Thai's expression fell with disappointment. "That sounds intimidating."

El then extended a warm invitation. "Why don't we practice later at my house?"

Raven, intrigued by the idea, blurted out, "I've never been to your house."

Thai, always enthusiastic, added his excitement. "Well, their house is huge!"

Raven couldn't resist teasing her noble friend once more. "Spoiled noble," she murmured, her words laced with playful affection.

El continued to encourage Raven to join them. "You can practice your spell casting there as well."

Raven agreed with a smile, realizing it was indeed a great idea. "Well, it's not a bad idea."

As the school day came to an end, the trio eagerly headed straight to El's home, where they were welcomed by Nuno, the household butler. "Young master, you're home!" Nuno greeted warmly.

El introduced his friends, saying, "Hi Nuno, this is Raven, my friend, and, of course, Thai is here."

Thai, always one to stir things up, teased, "Giiirlfriend."

"Am not!" Raven responded with an annoyed look, rolling her eyes.

El led his friends to their training ground in the backyard. Raven couldn't help but admire the house. "Nice house, brat!" she teased, her playful tone making El blush slightly as he flashed her a smile.

"Why don't you team up and duel me!" El suggested, eager to help his friends improve. Thai and Raven both wielded their weapons and readied themselves. "Ready?" called out El as he prepared to face their combined attack.

Thai and Raven charged at El with determination. "Kay'o!" chanted Raven as she cast a fireball from the seal she created. El, displaying his agility and skill, easily avoided each of their attacks. Thai, trying to catch him off guard, hastened his attack from behind, but El swiftly dodged him.

"He's fast!" Thai exclaimed in admiration.

"Taap!" El's strike landed on Thai's leg, but Thai managed to block it with the staff he was holding. Raven, casting as a double caster, summoned both fire and air elements, creating a massive fire tornado. However, El defused it with ease, leaving Raven grunting in frustration.

Despite their efforts, both Thai and Raven struggled to defeat El, who had become a formidable opponent.

After their practice session, the trio stopped, with El emerging victorious. Raven playfully called him a "brat," but El remained humble, patting his friends on the back. "You guys are improving, you know!" he encouraged, his words filled with genuine pride for his friends' progress.