Chapter 7: Quest to Enchanted Forest

The trio had a relaxing weekend, celebrating Thailos's 15th birthday with a delightful lunch party. Laughter and joy filled the air as they enjoyed each other's company, strengthening their bond.

As the weekdays rolled in, a sense of excitement and anticipation filled the air at Tala Academy. It was time for the weekly social hall orientation, an event that brought together students from all year levels in the enormous social hall.

"Good day, students!" The headmistress greeted them with a warm smile. "I extend my heartfelt congratulations to each and every one of you. Your remarkable talents have made Tala Academy immensely proud. And now, to conclude this school year, we're introducing the first-ever Quest Hunt!"

The students buzzed with excitement as they listened intently.

"You'll form teams of four, chosen by your own discretion," Headmistress continued. "The victorious team in the Quest Hunt will be rewarded with a brand-new set of armor and unrestricted access to our vast archives. Choose your teammates wisely. That is all, and may the hunt begin!"

With the meeting adjourned, students hurriedly formed their teams, eager to embark on this thrilling adventure. The trio, along with Thailos, gathered to discuss their strategy, ready to face the challenges that awaited them head-on.

"Who should complete our team?" Thailos queried, his eyes sweeping across the bustling hall, where students were hastily forging their alliances.

El, with unwavering confidence, chimed in, "Tabitha. Her skills could greatly benefit our team." Raven's countenance appeared hesitant and uncertain, though she refrained from voicing her reservations. "Indeed," Thailos concurred. "Her proficiency in illusions would be a valuable asset. Raven, what are your thoughts?" El inquired, his keen perception detecting the subtle shift in her mood. Raven forced a smile, masking her reservations, and replied, "Well, if you both think it's a good idea, then I'm on board."

The trio crossed the bustling hall until they reached Tabitha Silva, the daughter of Councilor Silva, a prominent noble in the land. El extended the invitation, saying, "Hey Tabitha, would you consider joining our team? We're confident you'd make an exceptional addition to our group."

Thai chimed in playfully, "And, you know, we could use some charm like yours on our side!"

Tabitha scrutinized each of them and then began to share her thoughts, gesturing towards Raven as she commented, "Strong, but in need of improvement," then pointing at Thailos, she said, "Lucky and charming." Thailos blushed slightly at the compliment. Finally, she directed her attention to El, describing him as "Intriguing and gorgeous." Her attempt to hold El's face left him slightly flustered as he stammered, "Uhm, no."

Tabitha took a few steps away, but Raven called out to her, pleading, "Wait, Tabitha. I know you want to win this quest as much as we do."

With a sly smile, Tabitha whispered in Raven's ear, "Intriguing, you're still the same Raven. But you do realize I don't trust you, right?"

The bond between Raven and Tabitha had once been unbreakable. They were the closest of friends, sharing secrets, laughter, and dreams. However, their friendship took a tragic turn when an incident involving their parents tore them apart.

Raven's father, Servino, had once been a renowned noble in their land. However, a bitter conflict with another race led him down a dark path. In an attempt to evade justice, Servino shapeshifted into the form of Counselor Silva and orchestrated a devastating attack on a village of Duwende, a gentle and peaceful folk. On that fateful day, Raven's father was accused of killing four innocent Duwende. Counselor Silva, who was, in reality, an innocent man, was imprisoned for a year before finally being proven innocent. This revelation came about when Raven's mother, Luna, bravely decided to reveal the truth about Servino's actions.