Chapter 10: The Opposite

The transformation of the cave into a bustling fortress by the Duwende was nothing short of remarkable. Their skills in illusion magic had turned the once dark and foreboding cave into a vibrant and well-organized hub of activity. Within the cave's confines, various sections had been set up to serve different purposes.

An armory brimmed with weaponry and armor ensured that the students had access to defend themselves if needed. Nearby, a food storage area had been established, stocked with provisions to sustain the group during their uncertain journey. A cleverly created illusion of a water fountain provided a convenient source of hydration.

Lucian dutifully guarded the cave's entrance, his sharp senses and warrior instincts making him an excellent sentry. His presence at the mouth of the cave served as a deterrent to any potential threats lurking outside.

Meanwhile, Thailos took on the strategist role, working diligently in the war room alongside other students. Their task was to plan and strategize for the challenges that lay ahead. It was an essential endeavor to ensure the safety and navigation of the group through this mystical realm.

The return of Geralt brought a mixture of relief and despair to the group within the fortress. Relief, because he had returned safely, and despair because El was nowhere to be seen. As the students gathered around to hear Geralt's account of what had transpired, worry etched their faces.

Raven and Tabitha, in particular, were stricken with grief. Raven's tears flowed freely as she knelt on the ground, consumed by helplessness and guilt. "I should have gone with him," she lamented, her voice trembling with regret.

Lucian, who had often clashed with El, was unexpectedly concerned about his whereabouts. The harrowing encounter with Mananangals and Pantianacs had shown El's bravery, and even he couldn't deny the courage it took for El to divert the enemy's attention away from Geralt and Professor Galahad.

Geralt, with his characteristic stoicism, provided an explanation of the events that had unfolded. He recounted how they had been pursued, and El had chosen to lead the enemy away to ensure Geralt and Professor Galahad's safety.

"Please attend to Sir Galahad," Geralt requested, recognizing the urgency of the situation. Medics promptly moved to care for the wounded professor, their skills honed by the Duwende's magical talents.

"I'm sure he'll come back," Geralt reassured, placing a comforting hand on Raven and Tabitha's shoulders.

Thai went out of the war room and surveyed the situation. His heart was heavy with worry for El, but he knew that he couldn't let his emotions consume him. He had a mission to complete - finishing the map and finding a safe route to the enchanted tree.

As he stepped outside, he spotted Geralt, who wore a somber expression. Thai approached him, a sense of foreboding settling in his chest. "El?" Thai asked, his voice barely more than a whisper.

Geralt simply shook his head, and Thai's heart sank. The worry for his friend intensified, but Thai knew he had to stay focused. "Where is he?" Thai inquired, his voice steady despite the anxiety gnawing at him.

"Your father is in the infirmary," Geralt replied, his tone grave. Thai's concern for El warred with his sense of duty, but he made a quick decision. El was tough, and his father needed him now. "I'll go see my father first, and then we'll figure out our next steps," Thai said firmly.

Meanwhile, El awoke to the sensation of cold water splashing onto him in a prison cell outside the Capitol. It was an abrupt and harsh awakening, leaving him disoriented and shivering in the dimly lit cell. As his senses slowly returned, he began to take stock of his surroundings.